MY GAMERA'S BACK AND YOU'RE GONNA BE IN TROUBLE: It's your OPEN THREAD for tonight's premiere of episode 1307: GAMERA VS JIGER

We mustn’t dwell, not on GAMERA DAY! After an almost 30-year wait, MST3K and Gamera are back together at last in tonight’s premiere of episode 1307: GAMERA VS JIGER. Join us in the Kingadome at 8pm ET / 5pm PT for a city-stomping good time.

Then, stick around after the show for a LIVE discussion with a bunch of writers! Kennedy Allen, Ross Bryant, Mike Drucker, and ME, Lesley Kinzel, will be chatting with host, director, and room runner Jonah Ray about the unforgettable experience of writing on a Gamera episode, as well as writing for MST3K in general.

GOT QUESTIONS for our live guests?

Since yours truly will be in the post-show discussion tonight, and not obsessively combing through your comments and questions as I normally would be, your best chance for getting a question asked will be if you submit it before the episode is over!

Also, PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME YOU’D LIKE TO BE CREDITED UNDER (as well as how to pronounce it) if we read your question during the stream.

:rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light: SPOILER POLICY :rotating_light::rotating_light::rotating_light:

If you have watched the new episode in advance, DO NOT POST SPOILERS about the episode without encasing them in spoiler tags! Let’s not ruin the fun for those seeing it for the first time.

Spoiler tags look like this, without the extra spaces between the brackets:
[ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ]

Or, you can click the settings button:

Your spoilers will then look all blurry like this: THE PAPER CHASE GUY KILLS MEGAWEAPON, so community members can decide if they want to click on the blur and see what it says.

Thanks y’all! #SeeYouInTheGizmoplex !

13 Likes

Hm… I wonder if Gamera’s a friend to all children of Earth, the galaxy, or even…
talks slowly
THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

5 Likes

If Jiger had a fan club would they be called Jiger-nauts?

3 Likes

I am pretty sure all children means All Children.

3 Likes

So excited for another brand new episode! This is still so incredible!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

Never heard of it.

6 Likes

ALSO MATT WILL BE THERE TONIGHT!

MATT MCGINNIS, EVERYBODY!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

13 Likes

You know what? Turtle meat’s way too overrated. How 'bout we try something new, like…
:turtle::stew:
Turtle Soup?

4 Likes

But he’s muted.

10 Likes

And he “probably” don’t know shtuff about Gamera.

I’m gonna go in the corner now.

2 Likes

I just bought my ticket and I’m proud to say, I ordered the squid

2 Likes

I’m ready…

Took some time off this afternoon to make the pizza dough for tomorrow’s dinner a little early (I normally make it after dinner Friday to make pizza Saturday, but didn’t want to miss the beginning of the stream tonight.)

Can’t wait :+1:

2 Likes

MATT MCGINNIS
HE’S A 9 BUT HE’S MUTED

6 Likes

Matt’s not just muted. He disappeared into thin air.

2 Likes

Matt: He’s a 3 but he’s in MST3K

2 Likes

Well it’s about time we saw Matt.

2 Likes

Matts should be seen and not heard.

5 Likes

Cornjob is back, but he’s not playing the same character. Not sure the Hitler moustache was a good choice though.

5 Likes

Ticket art for the upcoming Jackbox Showdown is up in the Gizmoplex Pass menu! Looks great!

1 Like