1002. Girl in Gold Boots (1968)

In the heat of my Sci-Fi Channel binging, Girl in Gold Boots (1968) gobsmacked me in those old familiar ways. Riffs that won’t quit, a Black Hole of a movie, endearing Host Segments, and a flair for slow roasting till the cheese falls off the film. The selection felt like a time machine from the mid-90s. Exploitation, non-existing quality, sleaze in color, and no Science Fiction or Horror in sight. I was stunned and still am. A doozy of an episode and an all-time standout, Gold Boots shimmies “That Loving Feeling” front to back and from beginning to end. Crow’s W Bracelet, Mike pouring beer into his beer stein, Crow pole dancing, Mike channeling his inner Arch Hall Jr. “They’re going to sock it to us” or “JUST LIKE THE BEGINNING”?

9 Likes

Crow in Gold Boots.

5 Likes

Mike’s Singing in the Rain.

5 Likes

Is it me or is this Mike’s Eegah (1962)? Jumping off that, could it be the basis of a later MST Tour? Jonah or Emily could real!y tear this a new one.

2 Likes

My favorite episode!!!

6 Likes

My top Sci-Fi show. I believe. Definitely the one I’ve watched the most. It acts like a Comedy Central refugee. The sensibilities are not similar to Season 8 or 9 exactly. No criticism. This episode reminds me of my MST roots and the past perfectly.

8 Likes

It was Mike’s favorite episode of the series, too, so there is that!

7 Likes

We’re in good company! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nicknaming Mike “Taliban” for objecting to Crow’s striptease, yep, this is pre-9/11 all right.

The one that always gets me is “No don’t, you idiot!” when it looks like the partner’s going to shut and lock the cell door while they’re inside. Crow sounds so genuinely panicked.

1 Like

This is the kind of SOL host segments I miss. Using different camera angles to set up a unique perspective and skit that wouldn’t work as well with the flat ‘all bots and people the same distance to the camera’.

I wish they would do more of this. There is space on the SOL in front of the main console.

4 Likes

It also so honed in on the movie akin to Comedy Central. No distracting storylines or competing elements removing the focus from the film at hand. I LOVED that.

4 Likes

“From the land of Nipple” always kills me :laughing:

2 Likes

I also love any host segment that shows that Crow has legit legs.

4 Likes

The throwing of the panties just kills me. And Mike’s fleeing the scene.

2 Likes

One of the best call outs of bad editing. A poor cut has a guy appear out of nowhere and Tom’s quick “I’m back” always kills me.

7 Likes

The “I Am Sad” host segment is a personal favorite.

6 Likes

I’m sure he didn’t mean to, but bearded Critter (seen here taking a very early selfie) kinda turned me on

Now if only he didn’t have to start talking and ruin everything.

6 Likes

The weird thing is that it only exists on the VHS release of the film. So it’s probably just a bad transfer.

3 Likes

mst3k1002IMBACK

“Hey, I teleported here! It’s impressive!”

(That was intended as a reply to @SatelliteOfLove, but things got goofy over here. Okay, goofier.)

5 Likes

Buz is one of my all-time favorite MST3K targets.

Servo’s “Sssshhhhould have left ssssshhhome Chucklessssshhhh on hissssshhhh ssssshhhheat” is a personal favorite riff.

And in the midst of that brouhaha with the bikers, I love Servo’s half-hearted :musical_note: Batmaaaaaan :musical_note: over the music.

6 Likes