1010. It Lives By Night (1974)

“Now wait a minute… How did she turn into a bat? The only contact she had with him was in the hotel. Ohh my God. Oh my God. I get the shower first!”

4 Likes

Too Much Vapor Action.

1 Like
2 Likes

Best of 1010.

1 Like

More Best of 1010.

1 Like

Even More Best of 1010.

1 Like

Hunter Thompson, Texas Ranger.

1 Like

Bit By A Jerk Bat.

2 Likes

Oh! Darn!

There’s a Rough Cut of this one!

I keep forgetting to look these rough cuts, er, up! Yeah, this is an old favorite. For some reason I think the only Rough Cut I’ve seen is Swamp Diamonds, also a very good experiment.

Boy that sheriff sure does do a good job of peepin’ around, but is he a kindly peeper, ma’am? No sir!

3 Likes

I just watched this one, and it really is a forgettable werewolf, I mean werebat, movie. It doesn’t help that all of the characters are stupid, annoying, or loathsome. The host segments were good, though, especially Pearl threatening to marry Observer.

1 Like

Tom and Crow’s reaction when they realize how he transferred his Sudden Battiness to his wife about sums it up.

Another strong Season 10 entry. Watch it during October, of course. :bat::jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Yeah, our “protagonist” finally fully transforms at the very moment he….errrr….gives his wife his love. :sweat: That’s not implication, it’s blatant confirmation. :scream:

1 Like

The pesticide joke was great. I really liked Tom’s reaction.

1 Like

I just realized that in the opening scene of the main couple driving, the wife is playing an acoustic guitar. This provides all the necessary explanation for why our hero chose to abandon civilization and live in a cave with a bunch of guano-dropping bats.

3 Likes

I… highly doubt she was the one actually playing it. :person_shrugging:

The bats were operating it remotely to woo him yonder, or somethin’.

2 Likes

Had okay memories of this one, but when watching it again a few months ago for the first time in years, I found it to be complete dullsville. Leads are bland, movie is bland, the whole thing is slow and deeply underwritten. Mike and co. do fine enough, and there’s a funny bit or two in the host segments, but there’s just not enough going on here to make me ever really wanna bother again unless I’m feeling really burned out on the many other, better episodes. A weaker moment in season 10, and a below average episode in my opinion. I will take Track of the Moon Beast and especially Werewolf over this episode any day.

2 Likes

My hands-down favorite of that season is Future War. Make of that what you will. :grin:

2 Likes

There’s no question that Trace Beaulieu is a great voice actor, but there are times when Bill Corbett is the perfect Crow for the situation. I can’t imagine anyone doing the voice of Dr. Mellow Ski Bum any better.

2 Likes

It seeks like the film is trying to be a psychological thriller, making us question is something happening to Johnny, or is it all in his head?

I feel that’s why we’re denied any major bat-creature shots, though it really is crazy that this film makes “Warewilf” much more entertaining in its ridiculousness.

I do wonder how many audiences burst out laughing at that one scene where he wakes up going: “AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!“

2 Likes