112. Untamed Youth (1957)

I just reached this one in my season 1 rewatch. While the movie has its, ahem, attractive points in the casting, the mix of song and dance and a surpsingly dark tale of corruption, slave labor, sexual harressment, death, and attempted murder leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I think some of the harsher riffing of later seasons might have helped this one.

3 Likes

Seconded. An early Season 5 placement would be choice. Having Mike Nelson visit Joel and the Bots as Russ Tropp in Space recruiting Gypsy for his Space Camp is only some of the promise. This could of had the Eegah (1962) or I Accuse My Parents (1944) treatment at arguably the height of the Comedy Central years. As it is, it’s not too shabby as a Season 1 closer and the non-Sci-Fi story is a refreshing change of pace.

3 Likes

Season 5 would have had a ball with this. Consider Kevin Murphy singing over the fighting or an even snarkier Trace laying into it. Joel was darker post-Manos (1966) and Untamed Youth (1957) might not of made it out alive.

3 Likes