1201. Mac and Me (1988)

To Conan’s chagrin. :laughing:

5 Likes

It’s going to be awfully hard to top the most recent installment. “YOU CAN’T DO THAT ON A PODCAST!”

2 Likes

Paul Rudd on the gag and its evolution.

6 Likes

I actually saw this dog on tv before it was on Mst3K. It’s not my favorite of The Gauntlet but it’s up there. I favor Atlantic Rim, but this one is damn good. A fun episode all around!

3 Likes

Have to add: I was so delighted when they did the “Chief/McCloud” gag here!

4 Likes

I saw it on Turner Classic Movies at one point, which feels brag-worthy.

5 Likes

Thus does the demon Planned Obsolescence make fools of us all. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

My brother and I used to put all sorts of posters on our bedroom wall, and I guess a bunch of them were from a movie theatre magazine… So I had a poster of Mac and Me on the wall as a kid. Never saw the movie until Season 12, but it’s one of my favourite episodes.

6 Likes

Glad to hear that you dig it so much! Yeah, it’s a personal favorite of mine as well.

And welcome to the forums!

4 Likes

When was this?

2 Likes

Couple years back, maybe 2020 if my Googling skills are working today. They aired it as part of TCM Underground followed by The Garbage Pail Kids Movie.

3 Likes

What a combo! Was Rob Zombie hosting?

3 Likes

I think the most grammatically correct title for this movie would be:

Mac and I – Can’t Believe My Eyes! Please, Make It Stop! Please!

5 Likes

pretty nice

4 Likes

mst3k1201PRETTYNICE

5 Likes

Um, so hi, I hate this movie with a passion. Can’t really put my finger on why, but never got into pod people either, so maybe it’s linked. Anyhoo, that’s my bit. Shall leave the folks who like it carry on :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just wondering: does that go for all movies of this genre? Would that include E.T., by chance?

2 Likes

Never seen it :rofl:

2 Likes

Heh! Well, I say nothing so as not to sway you in any which direction about it.

1 Like

I would guess , yes, it’d fall into a similar category, based on the bits I know of and the Futurama parody episode. Not a Cry wilderness fan either. Maybe it’s just kids I don’t like lol. I don’t know, but feel free to throw out random speculation :rofl:

1 Like