1202. Atlantic Rim (2013)

Dances with Atlantic Rim : Lovejoy Edition.

3 Likes

That’s what I sorta figured. Kind of disappointing. A giant lizard movie co-starring an actor who is most famous as Kicking Bird in Dances With Wolves (1990) and no callbacks? Oh well, you won’t win em all.

2 Likes

To be fair. A badly done giant lizard movie. Maybe a blessing for an actor that it’s not linked to other works

1 Like

I mean, points to the guy for giving that movie his all.

(Which could be said of both Dances with Wolves AND Atlantic Rim.)

4 Likes

True. He gave it everything in Wind River (2017).

3 Likes

Rather than retyping this:

4 Likes

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DANG GOOD

3 Likes

Okay, THAT’S hardcore.

Seriously, much respect to him for both his service and his scholarly achievements.

4 Likes

If nothing else: It was neat to see the first go at a 21st Century movie.

Unless I’m working though The Gauntlet in order, not one I go to often. But, the riffing is good and has some fun quotes and running gags, so it has it’s moments.

5 Likes

It’s subjective, but I don’t agree with that in this case. Asylum’s movies aren’t good, no. The scripts exist solely to support the titles and box art, the cast is no-name, and their resources are obviously extremely limited. But “intentionally bad”, to me, is an even lower bar that requires some level of self-awareness and failed attempts at winking references or humor. I think that’s why I find stuff like Tim and Eric insufferable.

Maybe that’s why I actually like this one. It doesn’t matter that it’s recent; what matters to me is that there is so much that’s open to mockery.

4 Likes

Oh, God. Snakes on a Train was such a joyless slog.

2 Likes

The line between enjoyable trash and a painful viewing experience is fine, as we all know, and it’s a coin flip which side of the line Asylum ends up on.

2 Likes

Guess which side I thought Mega Shark Versus Giant Octopus was going to end up on?

Guess which side it actually ended up on?

3 Likes

Next you’ll be telling me 5-Headed Shark Attack isn’t any good. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I WILL NOT CONFIRM OR DENY THAT

:zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

And yet, such a catchy little song.

2 Likes

To the tune of People are strange by The Doors

:notes:Snakes on a train,
When you’re a trainer,
Either a gym guy, or some kind of shoe :notes:

2 Likes

So I take it I’m the only one who thinks of Northern Exposure when they see Graham Greene?

He was so great on that show.

5 Likes

It’s been a long time since I last watched it.

It’s a crime that Northern Exposure isn’t streaming anywhere (at least last time that I checked).

6 Likes

I think there are probably music rights issues. That show had a lot of popular music.

2 Likes