1301: Count Alucard is not a real dracula

Maybe that mirror isn’t made of silver.

4 Likes

Yes. Santo’s sweaters. They were quite sensible.

7 Likes

Santo in the Cardigan Collection of Agent for H.A.R.M.

12 Likes

You can only call him Dracula if he comes from the Dracula region of Transylvania… the rest are just… sparkling… vampires…

7 Likes

Santo in the Treasure of This Guy in a Cape! The Guy isn’t Superman…Maybe He’s a Dracula or Something? We’re Not Really Sure, but There Are Topless Ladies Depending on Which Version You’re Watching and Perico is Some Kind of Comic Relief Sidekick and He has a Dollar Sign Necklace and We Think You’re Really Going to Like It”

6 Likes

He’s not even a real Alucard

He might have pulled it off if he wore more red. Or had been cosplaying Vash the Stampede at the time.

2 Likes

I was actually more concerned about Dr. Whatever was able to bend the laws of physics by writing “ALUCARD” in his notebook and have it read DRACULA in the mirror with all the letters facing the right direction. Pretty sure that’s not how mirrors work … that guy has the real supernatural powers!

5 Likes

Oh, so that explains Twilight!

7 Likes

He reversed the polarity. Come on, oldest trick in the book, pfft.

7 Likes

FWIW, the book entered public domain in 1962, 50 years after Bram Stoker’s death.

2 Likes

Maybe part of the problem is that Alucard is just a Dracula and not the Dracula. That’s why his powers are different. Like how he can survive being staked in the heart.

2 Likes

The later scene with the mirror makes no sense because the reflected “D,” “R,” and “L” aren’t actually reversed! SO that mirror is actually looking into a different universe!

4 Likes

And now I’m just reminded of the scene where they’re trying to show that Alucard doesn’t show up in the mirror. I remember thinking “with that blocking, he wouldn’t show up in the mirror even if he WAS human.”

5 Likes

That blew my mind - after taking two watchings AND a “Waaaaaait a minute there” to sink in

2 Likes

I’ll just say it amazes me how much Alucard was used for the Dracula mythos over the years.

…mostly because my first exposure to it was in the game “Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse” when I was a kid.

2 Likes

The test of if he is a Dracula is checking to see if he has Moon Knight’s money.

3 Likes

Nilbog is not a real town.

It’s “goblin” spelled backwards, and it is their kingdom.

2 Likes

Isn’t moonlight just reflected sunlight, so vampires would still go boom , even when the moon is out? While we are pulling at loose threads…

1 Like

He’s a reverse Dracula , biting people’s necks and filling them back up with blood.

4 Likes

Vampiremania [tm]!!

(Not vampires, but an INCREDIBLE simulation!)

1 Like