1301- your thoughts

“Bat!”

Th riff I didn’t even know I desperately needed. It totally reads in Cravensworth’s voice too. This made my day. Exquisite!

6 Likes

Overhead? The only thing overhead worth discussing is the Gizmoplex on the moon!

2 Likes

i think you’re right about the mads and exposition, they didn’t really get a segment just tasked with explaining things. i understand they had to do some explaining for people not following the updates closely, but looking forward to getting real kinga and max interaction in future eps.

3 Likes

You might say that audio was mushier than Ross Edwards’s nose wheel.

5 Likes

we watched it saturday so it’s definitely out there

and thanks for the gizmoplex tour, it looks amazing! i will definitely be searching for that secret door when the time comes.

5 Likes

The riffing was excellent and the rhythm was right. The host segments were mostly great. That’s all that really matters to me, though I share the issues with the very rough green screen, intro and lack of sets. I don’t want that to go on forever.

As a point of I Should Really Just Relax in-show lore, I am curious about the Cambot situation. Cambot now seems to comprise a swarm of multiple bots filming the Gizmoplex. But Max and Kinga also make mention at the end of ‘anyone piloting Cambots’ and how they should evacuate. What is the deal with the new Cambots, TPTB? Will we learn more, or shall this remain as mysterious as the payload?

3 Likes

we also get real cornjob this season too! it’s an abundance of cornjobs!

3 Likes

i had the same thought about the host singing vs tom, but then i realized there are multiple hosts this season. i wonder if that was a deliberate choice so they didn’t have to create 3 different intros for 1 season.

also i wonder if this is the permanent theme song or just for this livestream? i think i remember joel showing off models at some point in the backer emails. maybe the final version is still to come

4 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking of doing. So much better.

4 Likes

in the post-show gizmoplex tour they mentioned everyone has their own cambot to pilot around, maybe it was referencing that

4 Likes

i have the same general feedback as everyone else, so let me just say bravo to the cast and crew. we had a really great time watching.

also, shoutout to @timryder for taking full advantage of the zoom naming, that was <chef’s kiss>

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess in the Gizmoplex human visitors just ride around in Cambots like the humans in Wall-E.

6 Likes

Checked the recording of the premiere, and you’re right, at the 40 minute mark Dracula shows the treasure and says it’s in a hidden location that the writing on the amulet and ring reveal. Then Dracula and Luisa change into bats and fly to the crypt.

I now remember this scene, but I guess it didn’t make a strong impression on me the first watch through.

2 Likes

I think the Cambots are remotely piloted, like drones. So the announcement to flee the Gizmoplex was to save equipment, not lives.

5 Likes

I hadn’t thought of it that way.

In my head I was anticipating “g-P-c”, with the same cadence as the former name so I was a bit thrown by it.

I think I’m gonna need a few more episodes to really get into the new theme, but I do love Baron’s voice.

6 Likes

That was Tim Ryder who said that. I think he might have some knowledge.

4 Likes
  1. Anybody who misses the “home-made” charm of the early episodes of MST3K will be thrilled with the lo-fi digital look of the new season, and:

B. If you’re one of the people who didn’t like the riff-intense rat-a-tat-tat style of the Netflix seasons (not me, I loved it) will be relieved to see it apparently back to the more casual Joel-era of laid back riffing.

My hi-lites:

Little Big Fizz CRUSHED IT. Hilarious.

The Creped Crusader vs. Alexander Slam Bell - BRILLIANT. I love the ironic twist of them “trash complimenting” each other.

Bow down to the Comedy Gods for sending us THIS gift? YES.

Overall I loved the new episode, although I agree that the sound mix definitely needs work.

15 Likes

“Perico” is Spanish for “parakeet.” It can also refer to a breakfast dish made from scrambled eggs stirred with vegetables, and is also a slang term for cocaine. It sounds similar to “perrito,” which means “puppy dog.”

8 Likes

Really bummed there were no subtitles/CC. I’m not D/deaf or HoH, my house is just loud AF. My sister and I tried to watch last night but had to give up.

2 Likes

That really works.

6 Likes