1302 - Favorite riff?

I will, now and forever, (to the dismay of my husband) anytime there is a pause in dialog and suspenseful music playing…someone is holding a gun…yell: BANG! :orange_heart: :rofl:

13 Likes

The John Wayne riffs had me laughing loud enough to get ticketed for noise complaints.

8 Likes

I don’t drink! I Drake!

8 Likes

What’s the opposite of Meet Cute? Beat you?

If this was done live, you know Crow would have said, “Oh, Leda just pretended she was at the Oscars”

7 Likes

“We love you spider! I promise not to kill you.”

Always excited to hear a They Might Be Giants riff! This is the song:

10 Likes

“Look into my eyes!”
“You- your beautiful!”

7 Likes

Lots of good new ones, but personally I was extremely happy to hear the classic “diarrhea is like a storm raging inside you”. #1, it always makes me laugh. #2, as a fan from way back in the day, I really appreciate when they sprinkle in some call-backs to long running riffs. In a way it make it feel even more cohesive with the original series, at least in my mind.

11 Likes

How many people even remember the original ad now?!

I loved the bit in the flight attendant host segment about that one thing that keeps someone from being really hot being that guy’s entire thing.

7 Likes

GET RID OF…!!

4 Likes

It didn’t get a laugh out of me, but the BSG “so say we all” stuck with me due to my love for that show. Jonah’s Hobby Lobby riff is the one I most clearly recall getting a solid laugh.

7 Likes

Not necessarily my favorite riff, but my wife and I were legitimately shocked when Drake said that he wanted to spank Barbara, only moments after meeting her.
So when they start to bond later in the film, I think it was Tom who said “Wait, so that spanking line worked?” That got a good laugh.

6 Likes

“Please allow passengers with connecting scorpions to exit first.”

3 Likes

He is our hero!

3 Likes

I can’t recall precisely which one, but there was a call-back to the running gag in Space Mutiny that I really appreciated. Blast Hardcheese, maybe?

I thought there were a lot of similarities between the two movies, and apparently so did one of the writers. Although the male lead from Space Mutiny was actually likeable, whereas Drake…

3 Likes

Secret Tunnel!

3 Likes

Yep, Blast Hardcheese. The “BANG!” gag is also a call-back.

4 Likes

Another callback: “You look. I’m bitter.”

5 Likes

Dos locos kick your ass!

Mostly because I really wanted them to do it- and then they did!

4 Likes

Pretty sure that was a Short Circuit 2 reference

3 Likes

Oh it’s ABSOLUTELY a Short Circuit 2 reference!

3 Likes