1302: First Emily episode?

Maybe a stupid question: Do we know if Jonah and Emily are alternating or not? Is 1302/Robot Wars therefore Emily Connor’s first show? I assumed it would be but I’m not sure if it was definite.

4 Likes

My interpretation of Kinga’s dialogue at the end of 1301 seemed to indicate the introduction of, at the very least, a new antagonist (and, possibly, at most, a new Mad).

Whether or not this character appears on screen is anyone’s guess, but I took it to imply that it’s through this character that we eventually meet Emily.

I know, I know, it’s just a show, I should really just relax. But it’s definitely fun to speculate!

As I said in another thread, guessing who’s hosting episodes is going to be a pretty cool thing we’ve never really seen before in MST3K. Quite frankly, I’m all for it! Speculate away! There’s gold in them there takes!!

7 Likes

It’s possible. We know Jonah is hosting the Gamera episode. If Jonah are Emily are alternating, Gamera would fall as a Jonah episode.

6 Likes

I don’t know, but I definitely believe Emily will be tackling “The Batwoman”.

2 Likes

My gut tells me that Robot Wars has to be an Emily episode, but we’ll see.

2 Likes

I personally hope that Emily takes on the sexist nonsense of Million Eyes of Sumuru as well.

8 Likes

My assumption at present is that “Dr. Cabal” is another special guest a la Erhardt, Seinfeld, NPH, etc. But who knows.

4 Likes

One would imagine that aside from the previously announced J. Elvis as Dr Erhardt this season (and Mary Jo has rejoined this season as well as we’ve seen), you won’t see anyone not already in the company of performers appearing on the show since they were kind of locking down the set due to COVID protocols.

2 Likes

They’re obviously trying to play it mysterious about Dr. Cabal, though. And I don’t remember Erhardt (or Seinfeld) being spoiled, though I think we knew Josh Weinstein was involved with the show at the time. I assumed it was as a writer, so I personally was surprised to see Larry.

2 Likes

They’ve been very tight-lipped about the filming of the Joel episodes, but I think one of the updates did mention that there were “guests” they were filming segments with in that batch.

5 Likes

It looks like all of our predictions are wrong as of today. After checking the Gizmoplex, Robot Wars is gonna be Jonah’s episode. Maybe Beyond Atlantis might be Emily’s episode? Who knows.

4 Likes

Welp, already one of my predictions is wrong. Jonah keeps stealing all the movies!

My present speculation is Emily is rapidly approaching. The month of April is launching two new episodes. Robot Wars (1993) and Beyond Atlantis (1973). Robot is a Jonah and four episodes separate Robot and Gamera on the schedule. Four episodes? There are four Emilys. Hmm… Could she host the next four following Robot Wars? A possibility. Jonah is hosting 1307 (Gamera vs Jiger 1970) and the Halloween special (based on hints of scheduling in the updates) and his six will be sprinkled throughout the season.

April, June, and September premiere two new shows. Those periods are ideal to mix and match or swap back and forth giving viewers a taste of everything. My running suspicion is either A) Jonah fronts 1301 and 1302 and Emily chases becoming the face of 1303 and 1304 and Jonah and Emily alternate with him doing 1305 and 1307 and her 1306 and 1308 (The Batwoman 1968) then Joel rides in for 1309 and 1310 (a KTMA do-over and Jack Palance cheesefest) closed by Jonah returning to confront 1311 and 1312 capped by the Christmas special or B) a slight variation of A where 1303-1306 are completely Emily and Jonah leads 1307 and 1308 switching to Joel in 1309 and 1310 and back to Jonah in 1311 and 1312. No matter, the new sense is Season 13 will ebb and flow like the tide and April, June, and September are potentially the pivots to this transition due to what I’m seeing now. I may not have fully figured it out yet this is my impression currently.

5 Likes

tries to catch my breath You just made me read your prediction out loud in 2 minutes.

4 Likes

Sorry SuperCutie. Does it make sense? The trick is reading Joel. He’s the showrunner and he dictates the details. You have a grasp on his instincts and it comes together. Emily has 4 shows. Joel 2. 13 episodes altogether and the 13th features all three. This gives Jonah 6 shows and with what we know and we are able to plot a possible path from Point A to Point B. Joel is unusually candid. Staying observant and open to his patterns and what form they take is how you decipher it. Jonah starred in 1301, is announced on 1302, and 1307 is Gamera vs Jiger (1970) and he’s locked into that. That’s three of his programs we can pinpoint. Another that’s close is 1311 since they went back to finish shooting it during the Joel February block this year which means Joel isn’t the one front and center and Jonah had his block right before in November and it fits letting the reigning host break ground on the Halloween special. There’s 4 Jonahs in 12 spots and 2 other Jonahs to imagine where they go. On 1311, recent photos of Matt McGinnis directing imply according to an eagle eyed fellow forum member the name Jonah on the screen behind him in the pic to the right.

1 Like

Whatever episode lines up with the official launch of the ‘plex is where i am putting all my monopoly money down on it being Em’ first ep
:game_die::game_die::money_with_wings:

2 Likes

@rickloose 1303 drops April 29th. This is a week prior to the grand opening to the public on May 6th. There’s where to place your bets.

1 Like

Well, Santo is going to be the debut episode for the public launch of the Gizmoplex, so don’t bet all of your monopoly money. (That trash cash is useless around here any way; we only accept money which bears the avuncular likeness of TV’s Art Linkletter.)

My guess is that the first three episodes, shown in the 'plex on May 6. 7 & 8 will be Jonah’s. Towards the end of 1303, some plot development will introduce Emily who will then be the test subject for the next experiment, – uh-oh – Munchie.

5 Likes

it’s why i only bet small…
gotta be the next ep then (even if previews may mislead) :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

No, no, you always bet on black! Haven’t you seen Passenger 57?

3 Likes