1302. Robot Wars - Your Thoughts?

As with the first episode, I thought the riffs got a lot better in the second half. “Jacket, you’ve failed me for the last time” was my favorite of this ep.

8 Likes

Get on the horn and get me my bull butter.

6 Likes

Rough room. I guess I’m in the minority of loving every bit of it. Different folks, different strokes and such.

20 Likes

This episode was like watching “Salt Bae” sprinkle coarse salt on an already delectable steak of a season.

The riffs, perfectly thymed and seasoned.

The skits, marinated with 90s references.

The side courses of things to come, perfection.

This was a full course meal of entertainment, and I’m all in.

16 Likes

You’re not alone. I really enjoyed Robot Wars too.

7 Likes

Is it just me or did this movie forget its own plot points?

15 Likes

Was fun. I don’t think it was quite as good as the Santo episode, though, which is funny because I’m a fan of giant effin robots and just can’t get into wrestling.

8 Likes

I wonder if Don Michael Paul is really that bad an actor or if he was just doing what the director and the script told him to. He was just such a… prefab character.

He was in Alien from L.A. too, but I don’t remember him. I’ll have to rewatch that one.

6 Likes

The movie was gleefully incoherent in the best of MST3K-ian ways.

As for the episode itself? LOVED IT. So many outstanding references, and the observational riffs were money.

Dug the host segments as well, and I loved seeing the return of Mean Jonah.

CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE SEASON 13. I think we’ve got something really special here!

18 Likes

I ugly laughed at Jonah’s Thunderdome restaurant commercial.

14 Likes

More great Jonah and bots sketches. All the 90’s reference riffs were a lot of fun. (I would have liked to see Drake get riffed-down a little more.) And Baron as DR. CABAL!!!

11 Likes

The art of Servo getting an MC Hammer massage had me cackling. CACKLING.

Also, the John Wayne series of riffs during the mountain/desert/canyon action sequence? HOLY HELL. I was roaring with laughter.

MST3K continues to be the undisputed, unchallenged best.

10 Likes

Wait? There was a plot?

6 Likes

Yup, a plot of land in the middle of the desert where they shot a few scenes.

6 Likes

but the robots DID wrestle. or maybe it was MMA.
MEGA 1 definitely pulled guard on the Scorpion Robot.

4 Likes

And they made Drake’s first name “Marion”… another John Wayne reference (real name: Marion Morrison).

7 Likes

Servo’s David Attenborough or Crow’s Scottsdale joke were also great.

8 Likes

Riding on a horse with no name.

2 Likes

help me out: was the theme song different than it was in the Santo episode?

or was it the same, but now I like it more??

1 Like

-Spectacular.-

I thought that was what he was going for the first time, and when it was confirmed in that second series of riffs, I was giddy. Just terrific.

4 Likes