1311. Halloween Special

As announced on Turkey Day, Episode 1311 is the Halloween Special. The first Halloween show in the history of MST3K. A black and white movie? Also in 3D? Opinions? Are you excited?

7 Likes

It will be glorious!
there is so much happening in these john oliver GIF

3 Likes

Halloween is my favorite holiday so I’m pretty pumped it’s getting a special episode. I can’t wait to see how the 3-D goes, it’s such a cool idea.

7 Likes

Very excited! One of the things I was most disappointed about with the Netflix seasons was the lack of black and white films. So, I’m very happy to see them return for season 13. And it looks like a pretty fun horror movie too!

2 Likes

I thought it was odd that this is the only 3D movie they’re doing when The Bubble also has a 3D cut.

1 Like

Like @Melanizing, Halloween is my favorite time of the year, so I’m overjoyed that we’re getting a full-fledged Halloween installment of MST3K.

Godzilla Vs. Megalon gave us easy-to-make Halloween costumes from both the SOL gang and the Mads as the Invention Exchange, but the Halloween stuff stopped there. A full episode of Halloween stuff? CANNOT. WAIT.

3 Likes

I would’ve liked at least one B&W movie in the Netflix era too. I’m quite pleased we’re getting one in the Gizmoplex era. The Halloween theme should be fun!

Can March 2022 get here already?!

2 Likes

I normally won’t wish my life away. March 27th is my birthday. Despite that, bring on March 2022! I can not wait!

1 Like

Host Segments? Invention Exchanges? Is it the all-in of the whole show revolving around it? That’s the appeal?

1 Like

For the whole episode! :smiley:

But this brings up an interesting question: is the episode going to have a singular plot (think how the whole Fire Maidens from Outer Space episode revolved around Timmy or the two different alien menaces we’d see in I Was a Teenage Werewolf and The Giant Spider Invasion) or is it going to be a variety of host segments with an overall Halloween theme?

2 Likes

Good question. I don’t know. Were I to guess? The second option. Joel’s showrunning from Season 11 forward opts on the ideas of the show versus a separate plot outside the theme and experiment.

2 Likes

Very excited to say the least! 3d or not, I think it’s awesome that the new season presents us with a black and white film as well as a new, annual themed episode.

1 Like

I’d love a singular plot all the way through. I think Fire Maidens is a great example of how to do it too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had actually thought the same thing… I ponder if there was any thought on releasing a 3d and non 3d version of the bubble as well.

Me three. Sound speculation. I’d had loved to be privy to those conversations.

As a Halloween fan, I’m pumped

2 Likes

This is out of left field but I miss television specials around Halloween and Christmas time. It was something to look forward to from network television. I mean Paul Lynde had a Halloween special.

3 Likes

He did? I’m intrigued if clips exist. Paul Lynde is a comic heavyweight.

1 Like

The entire episode is on Youtube. Kiss makes their first television appearance. I think it was their first? Don’t quote me on that.

2 Likes

This is a tradition in my household.

2 Likes