2 Topics ! Question about a Turkey Day character & Second Bananas

My question is in the Turkey Day marathons I remember there being a dirty hobo looking guy with a cigar. Was that supposed to be Torgo?

Secondly I’m going to profess my love for “Bobo” and “Brain Guy”
Honestly I think Kevin & Bill blew these roles outta the park!!!
I think it’s “Prince of Space” ((probably my new favorite)) where the skit at the beginning sees Bobo go into a black hole so Pearl and Brain Guy won’t see him as he is tethered outside as he had to “go” LOL!!

I like TV’s Frank also but have to hand it to these 2!
Lastly TV’s Son of TV’s Frank is great!

Who’s your favorite second banana and why?

5 Likes

The dirty hobo guy is Ortega from The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies

7 Likes

Ortega kind of became the Sci-Fi era Torgo.

7 Likes

And the Public Pearl Broadcasting fundraiser telephone bank!

13 Likes

As played by Paul Chaplin!

7 Likes

To quote Mr. B Natural in regards to Second Bananas: “They’re members of my family, boy! I love 'em all!”

5 Likes

Thank you @MichaelRobertson !
It’s just been in the back of my head for years now.
Whew!

5 Likes

And he has a catering business, though he does tend to ash in the food.

7 Likes

If you think about it, the PPB fundraiser telethon was the MST3k Kickstarter before there was an MST3k Kickstarter.

I’d sure love me a tote bag.

8 Likes

Of course! We have so much stuff to tote!

As for me, I’d say Frank. For his ultimate Second Banana song, “If Chauffeurs Ruled The World.”

5 Likes

How much of Mike’s money do you need?

5 Likes

I’m gonna go with TV’s Frank because Frank Conniff crafted such a memorably silly and enjoyable character. Nostalgia plays into this a lot, because the first few episodes I discovered were all TV’s Frank episodes.

But I enjoy them all. There isn’t a second banana in the MST3K bunch that I don’t like. My second pick, though? Probably Bill Corbett as Brain Guy.

4 Likes

Frank is the king.

4 Likes

I’ll thank you not to quote Mr B Natural again. I have to shower now. Ick. shudder rocking back and forth

1 Like

Have to go with TV’s Frank too. He’s got a radio station named after him, after all!

5 Likes

Which has BROOKS AND DUNN.

… Brooks and Dunn?

5 Likes

More Garth! More Reba!

Wynonna.

6 Likes

… Ferlin Husky?

2 Likes

Dag Hammarskjöld

2 Likes