212. Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973)

He would have been far less annoying if he hadn’t been dubbed by someone who had apparently been sucking lemons the whole time she was voicing him.

2 Likes

Her agent lied and told her that she’d be voicing a small yapping dog that day.

2 Likes

“ItsthesamecolorasthatbitofsandIfound!”

3 Likes

As I’m doing a complete rewatch of the series (again), I noticed that as we transition from #211, First Spaceship on Venus, to this episode, Joel trades in his teal jumpsuit (and gets away from his bright red jumpsuit) for his traditional maroon jumpsuit.

All’s I’m sayin’.

5 Likes

The maroon jumpsuit is life my friend.

5 Likes

Soo since we have a new Godzilla movie coming out in the new season could they re-release those two MST3K Godzilla movies (212 & 213) on DVD or VOD?..…please……
Thank you

3 Likes

We have a new Gamera movie, Gamera Vs. Jiger, coming out for Season 13, but nothing for Godzilla.

Toho’s MAD protective of Godzilla. It’s doubtful we’ll ever see #212 and #213 get official releases.

4 Likes

“TOO CLOSE, CAMBOT!” - Joel

5 Likes

A handful of people managed to get the original MST3K DVD box set 10 that had Godzilla vs Megalon. And then Toho made them pull it.

3 Likes

Rhino, that is.

2 Likes

Yeah, back in the day when it was Rhino putting out the DVDs. Although Shout Factory is the same people with a new company after selling Rhino to Warner.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the rationale behind that was that Rhino/MST3K believed it to be a public domain release of the movie and thusly fair game for a trouble-free home video release, but it was all something of a misunderstanding, and the DVDs got yanked within two months.

Heh, I could kick myself in the tuchus for missing out on that one.

4 Likes

Same here.

4 Likes

Bold of you to assume they wanted him to get out. Damn earthquake!

2 Likes

Ohh shoot your right!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m one of them…
But they never did release 213 Godzilla vs the sea monster did they?

1 Like

I was one of the lucky ones that jumped on the order the second I saw Godzilla vs. Megalon was in it. Preordered it. Acquired it. It is now enshrined and secured so Toho and their stormtroopers will NEVER find it and the many many copies of it I made as redundant backups.

4 Likes

:smiley:

Smart as hell to do the preordering thing from the first possible millisecond!

2 Likes

Yes - I knew as soon as I saw Godzilla vs. Megalon in the list that some sort of cosmic accident had taken place, that Toho’s lawyers had gotten wasted on drugs, or some other miraculous confluence of fate had occurred and that it was only a matter of time before something so precious would be taken away. I crossed my fingers until I had that disc in my hands and to this day I still wonder how I managed to gyp fate in this way. They’ll pry that DVD from my cold, dead fingers.

3 Likes

Semi related to this movie…at least when it was pulled from distribution and The Giant Gila Monster made it to DVD, at least we got the “10.2 Upgrade” sketch, which at the moment is the last time we’ve seen Trace and Frank play Dr. Forrester and TV’s Frank.

3 Likes