28mm Scale Bots and Hosts.

Anyone know where I could find Mimi’s for the bots and hosts? I’ve found some for a smaller scale (15mm) but would prefer 28mm if possible. That’s the common scale used for tabletop game so like Warhammer or characters for D&D.

3 Likes

Are you planning a TTRPG mst3k campaign? I want in!

2 Likes

They’d useful for a lot of games, really! One of my favorites, Dreadball, has something coach/“staff” options (it’s a sort of sci-fi sportsball game) and I already have a Claptrap and Bender. I also found the robots from The Black Hole in a baggie in a drawer but feel like a couple big names in snarky boots are missing.

Tabletop RPG MST3k seems tough. I think I might do it in one of the lightweight systems designed with genre-hopping in mind and give players some tool to earn Advantage or other ‘meta currency’ by making good riffs. The trick is the players need to be in-character earnest about the game (even if it’s a cheesy monster movie scenario) even as they’re really riffing.

3 Likes

Actually after a friend of mine ran the Rick and Morty adventure (which is a madcap adventure, very loosely run, with TONS of satire and 4th wall fun) I think it’s absolutely possible.

The R&M module has the DM play rick, and you as the player are playing a character playing a PC. It’s fun and I think it could totally lead to a bizarre Gumby (minus body horror, well probably) esque adventure.

I was thinking they could try to escape the SOL by travelling through bad movies or something, visiting a lot of the crap movies from the series and beyond. Sort of how Gumby walks through books, etc.

Despite many D&D games, the rules are exception based. You don’t have to focus on combat, and you can do rules-lite.

3 Likes

Massive difference between D&D and DND…it’s more bigger than the difference between MST3K and Rifftrax :woman_shrugging:
Love the idea of a MST3K tabletop adventure regardless of the game system.

2 Likes

May I suggest It Came from the Late Late Late Show ? And not just because I playtested a couple of the modules… :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve got the book in “hand” now. This seems very fitting, so thank you!! :slight_smile:
Please come join our Discord server where I will ultimately organize some sort of MST3K TTRPG game eventually!

I’m seriously considering using this system. It seems simple enough, and mostly story focused, because I imagine players will be msties and not huge TTRPG gamers.

3 Likes

I played (and voice acted) Shaggy in a game of Scooby Doo Meets Call of Cthulhu at a virtual gaming convention a couple of months ago-great fun. Highlight: I smoked up with Don Knotts in a graveyard at midnight :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes