3/18 MANOS TRIBUTE EVENT OPEN THREAD: Get in here, Gizmoplexians!

GOOD AFTERNOON dear friends, tonight at 5pm PT / 8pm ET we hope you will join us and Torgo for our first CLASSIC EPISODE TRIBUTE EVENT, featuring the beloved (?) MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE.

But let’s not bury the lede here – our first freshly-riffed SHORT of season 13 will also be premiering tonight. And yes, the short will be going first, although we hope you’ll stick around for the rest of the show. We have some brand-new sketches for you, as well as the live Q+A after the episode, which will feature Joel, Mary Jo, and a special guest.

Got questions about Manos? Pop over to the Livestream Q+A category and share them, and we may ask them during tonight’s event!

We are also trying some new tricks to make the Kingadome live chat a little more functional for tonight. We’ve instituted a “slow mode” that prevents folks from posting more than once every 20 seconds, and we’re also opening two additional chat channels for y’all to switch to, if the main channel continues to be difficult to follow.

THANK YOU ALL, again, for coming on this fantastic voyage with us, and for being so generous with your feedback.

And for your pre-show random question: What’s your favorite pizza topping? And which pizza topping is an affront to all the good that pizza stands for?

36 Likes

It would be great if MST3K would do a shoutout in the livestream tonight, or in a KS update, about the current RiffTrax Kickstarter, especially since RiffTrax helped out MST3K last year with rewards. FYI to those reading and not aware, RiffTrax has a $1 pledge level, which at this point includes 7 free shorts and will include 10 when they reach 5750 backers - which should be very easily do-able with a shoutout by MST3K!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-live-2022-the-return-of-swamp-thing-and-more

25 Likes

Tuna. Fight me.

9 Likes

On behalf of all of us old people who go to bed early, thank you.

14 Likes

I have a partner who gets this bizarre calzone from a local pizza place that is tuna and spinach and mushrooms and swiss and I try to maintain an open mind but it frankly horrifies me.

14 Likes

I have 5: tomato, bell pepper, mushroom, basil, and shrimp. Pesto if the basils’re off-limits.

7 Likes

I got u. :laughing:

2 Likes

Favorite topping? I like many combinations of toppings, but anchovies rank quite high for me (I know a lot of folks won’t try them or have tried them and hate them, but I’m a fan).

Worst topping? I know I just said I love anchovies, but the worst topping is white anchovies, i.e., the kind pickled in vinegar. Utterly evil.

3 Likes

That’s what east coast people would say. It’s like 9:30 in the morning in my area.

3 Likes

Found the time traveler!

3 Likes

Peanut butter and vegemite…there are some things that have no right to exist in such a context.

5 Likes

Favorite: spicy italian sausage, or about any meat topping really. Affront: non meat toppings save for black olives and mushrooms (fresh shrooms, not that canned stuff-that IS an affront). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most things from a certain californian kitchen.

2 Likes

Ready for pizza!

21 Likes

Pepperoni, mushrooms, bacon, green peppers.

4 Likes

A tribute…to me?!?

Arise, my wifes. Give ear to the words of Manos! (Just one wife, amazing woman!)

8 Likes

So… Manos… the Hands of Fate…

8 Likes

Favorite? Do I include cheese, or is that a given? Because it’s all about having all the cheese for me… Fresh mozzarella, shredded cheese blend, and roasted garlic Alfredo sauce… yup… ALL THE CHEESE… Other than cheese, my blend of Hot Italian Sausage and Caramelized Sweet Onions is the all time favorite…

And… pretty much any seafood. Just… no.

3 Likes

Probably a dumb question…

Did I miss a link to the Togo’s Pizza artwork for the pizza boxes?

5 Likes

yes please.

2 Likes