314. Mighty Jack (1986)

“This week’s experiment is called Jack, Mighty Jack. It’s produced by Frank, Sandy Frank.” Put together by Japanese effects maestro Eiji Tsuburaya, Mighty Jack was broadcast on Japanese television between April and June 1968. 13 one hour episodes. Frank selected the first and sixth installments, mashed them together, dubbed it in English, and offered it as a movie of the same name. Joel Robinson Is Dead, Formal Flippers, Ear Shaped Earmuffs, Mighty Jack Dog Food, The Bots Imprison Joel, Cheap Underwater Filming, “Slow The Plot Down”. “Hey Mighty Jack. The story of a brave pancake. Starring Aunt Jemima and Flap The Wonder Dog”, “Mighty Jack. The dog… Isn’t that a dog food?”, “Featuring our all vegetarian dishes. Hitaki, Teriyaki, and Naoko Koko… Kobo.” “Ah, they really should waterproof this basement” or “The fries are up. It’s a glorious moment for all”?

4 Likes

You know that Monty Python sketch, the “summarize Proust competition?”

I challenge anyone to summarize the plot of Mighty Jack in less than 30 seconds. (Obviously can’t be done here, so I win by default! Yay!)

5 Likes

Also, I know the “guy is actually smoking weed” jokes are really childish, but they make me laugh so hard.

6 Likes

Challenge accepted! Evil Spy Group tangles with Special Task Force that flies around stopping every scheme. Havoc ensues.

3 Likes

That’s more of a logline than a summary.

4 Likes

A detailed plotline is impossible on this movie. As you very well know. You said it! A basic summarization I thought was. So I tried!!!

4 Likes

I ask for Roger Ebert and you give me Netflix!

2 Likes

I know this is a … I want to say movie?

5 Likes

It’s a TV show condensed into a movie. An entire series.

4 Likes

Okay. Corrupt Espionage syndicate Q is hellbent to eradicate Mighty Jack a mobile flying submarine unit as they kidnap an agent, hide in a polar ice cap, and even recruit the son of Mighty Jack’s supervisor into their schemes.

3 Likes

I’ll allow it.

3 Likes

It’s… something.

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

3 Likes

Joel Robinson Is Dead.

1 Like

Formal Flippers and Ear Shaped Earmuffs.

1 Like

Slow The Plot Down.

3 Likes

The Yancy Street Gang.

3 Likes

Love Boat 2000.

1 Like

That’s Good Weed!

2 Likes

Bad Meat Or Good Cheese.

1 Like

Mighty Jack Episode 1. In Japanese.