314. Mighty Jack (1986)

Quite possibly the most incoherent, um… thing ever featured on MST3K. Still a funny episode, though.

5 Likes

“It’s John Wayne!”

3 Likes

Mighty Jack Episode 2. In Japanese.

1 Like

Mighty Jack TV Opening Titles.

1 Like

Fugitive Alien is legible next to this. The spy genre and Japanese Television combined compound the head scratching I think.

3 Likes

“The Guns of Navarone.”

3 Likes

“ANOTHER BANKED TURN!”

6 Likes

Wait, are you Forrest Crow? Or Forrest Crow’s evil twin? (or gooder twin, either way)

He loved that scene, you echoing that sentiment took me back 20 years.

So, Mighty Jack? We briefly see Joel back in the green jumpsuit of season 2.

Not a top 10er (or a top 50er, even) but well riffed I think (“They’re using every toy in the box!” - Crow), with some good host segments (dog food commercial, slow the plot down song)

R

5 Likes

Oh, and it has one of my favorite SHOUT! Factory covers. Bright and colorful, and there’s a “Kitty!”

826663128710_06

5 Likes

I may have already posted this elsewhere, feeling too lazy to look at my other posts.

I watched this one last month for the first time in many years, as part of the Gizmoplex Vault Picks. The only thing I remembered was that the plot was terribly confusing, so it might as well have been my first time ever seeing the ep. There’s the part where the traitor son blows himself up after… uh… suggestively covering up his briefcase. I laughed for two or three minutes straight after Crow’s riff:

“He died as he lived… lovin’ his work.”

@FlyingSquid, if you wanna talk about laughing hard at something childish, there you go. :rofl:

4 Likes

“In the Land of Dairy Queen, we blow you up.”

4 Likes

“Overbaked Alaska.”

2 Likes

“THIS IS THE END OF THE MOVIE!!!”

3 Likes

“You guys had all semester to work on this.”

2 Likes

Give me some time

To slow the plot down!

3 Likes