318. Star Force: Fugitive Alien II (1987)

And he moves his head to the right to avoid the reach he assumes is coming. :smile:

3 Likes

“Oh this is great, the director chooses closeups for the action sequences.”

4 Likes

“Van Damme and Van Damme in Van Damme You All To Hell.”

4 Likes

I don’t remember much about this one. I wasn’t crazy about Fugitive Alien, so I didn’t really register FA 2. The Japanese movies always made me chuckle, but this one, not so much. I guess they needed to do the sequel but it didn’t resonate with me. A dud in my opinion. Maybe my least favorite of season Three.

2 Likes

We each roll to our own drummer. I unexpectedly had a blast with the Fugitive Aliens. I’ll probably revisit them. Whether you enjoy the experiment or not, I’ll vouch for the Host Segments. They were unusually powerful. The Death of Servo, The Captain Joe Doll, The Fugitive Alien Revue, The Bad Guy Suggestions. The sketches gave life to it even if you weren’t into it.

2 Likes

“Oh great, they’re still parking.” “Hard to find a spot.”

2 Likes

“Uh, Curly fries are up, sir!”

2 Likes

Anyone gonna talk about how this film nearly KILLED Tom? The movie gets so bad that right before one of the host segments, Tom was unable to endure the stress of watching that movie, and his head blew up and he nearly DIED!

4 Likes

Episodes can rise and fall in a person’s estimation. Maturity, insight, blah blah blah. But this was a fave for me from Day One and it still is. Probably Top Ten. Definitely Top Twenty.

The riffs are relentless and all over the space-map. The “movie” is tacky and absurd and the chemistry between everyone in the theater is A+ all the way through.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (And I forgive 'em for the jab at Mr. Rogers’ puppets again. Nobody’s perfect.)

5 Likes