$40,000 3 month Gizmoplex Event Pass?

$40,000 3 month Gizmoplex event pass. Really? Yes, I see the disclaimer about it not being something intended to buy. Why even list it? Sure looks like you can buy it. Sure hope no on misreads that as $40. Maybe that is what it is intended to be?

It’s one of the lovely quirks with VHX. They need to list the pass as a product so it registers with the VHX software. Once the software recognises it, then the passes folks bought through the KS are recognised and work. The number is set ridiculously high so people don’t try to buy it. (And I think you get an error if you try.)

6 Likes

Ah, I see. It does really catch your eye. LOL! Thanks for clearing that up, LadyShelley!

1 Like

And here I thought it was to tell us how valuable our backing was… lol.

4 Likes

That too! LOL!

2 Likes

It’s a tribute to C.J. Cherryh’s 40,000 In Gehenna !!

:lizard:

They had this “available” for a couple days. :laughing:
mst3k20m

2 Likes

$20 million?

They may have been undercharging.

3 Likes

takes deep breath calmly
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL ****!!! HOW MUCH IS IT?!?! Who even has that much money to buy it?!?!?!?!?!

1 Like

But if someone did, there wouldn’t need to be a Kickstarter for at least 3 more seasons.

8 Likes

Reactions like this are why you need to use testing numbers like £3,141,592.65 so it’s even more obvious that these are not for sale

We’ve actually done that. It didn’t make any difference. Anyone who could believe a 3 month pass costs $40k isn’t reading critically, or noticing the explanation of the price posted on the description.

18 Likes

That’s what you get for snoozing, you should have backed during the campaign.
On another note, a few of those would fund season 14.

Just sayin’

1 Like

If you want people to get that it is a fake price it should contain 42, 69, or 420, 1701, or 8675309. Because we are all 13 year-old 80s sci fi nerds, right?

5 Likes

I was trying to bring a little more class than setting everything to £69,420… :grin:

5 Likes

For those early-2000s sci-fi nerds watching, $4815162342 works too.

2 Likes

Wait, the rest of you aren’t millionaires? drops monocle in shock

6 Likes

hmm, is Bill Cheap-ek giving mst3k the galactic starcruiser treatment? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am now trying to imagine spending $6,000 to vacation for a couple of days aboard a SoL/Moon 13 themed “experience” run by Kinga and Max…

:drooling_face:

1 Like

The numbers are bad!

THE NUMBERS ARE BAD

1 Like