404. Teenagers from Outer Space (1959)

Comedy Central was my go-to on a good share of episodes. A bunch of Season 4 landed in my collection entirely because I’d videotape any MSTie listing I brushed across. Space Travelers (1969), City Limits (1984), Being from Another Planet (1982), Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959), Hercules Against the Moon Men (1964). I grabbed the lot and watched them to death. “Earth girls are easy!”, “Run, Toto, Run!”, “Thank you, sir, may I have another?” Teenagers from Outer Space (1959) easily rose to the top. Scratch-N-Sniff Report Card, Resusci-Anne. “It’s a Devo Hat” or “Audrey Hepburn’s hat from Breakfast at Tiffany’s”?

6 Likes

I love this one. Classic low budget black and white sci-fi, which is more rare in MST3K than you might expect. The bad acting, the TORCHA!, the lobsters being waved around as monsters! Fantastic! It shares a title with a great RPG, too.

4 Likes

It’s the New Zoo Revue comin’ right at you…

4 Likes

Resusci-Anne.

1 Like

This is easily a top ten episode for me. The movie is actually watchable, yet still superbly riffable. And the Reel to Real and Duct Tape Fashion Show segments are priceless.

Edit: I know it’s the episode number but now when I look at my browser tab I think it’s a Page Not Found error
Chrome browser tab showing "404"

4 Likes

Maybe the ep I’ve seen the most. I’d stop short of calling it my absolute favorite, but it’s high on the rewatchable list. Tom’s running gag of muffled voices from the car trunks never fails to make me laugh.

3 Likes

I keep putting off making my Giant Killer Lobster collage in homage to this masterwork, but here’s a substitute in the meantime:

Bye-Bye, Love

5 Likes