409. Indestructible Man (1956)

Lon Chaney Jr. What a sad life. Son of The Man of a Thousand Faces Lon Chaney, the legacy of the father loomed large. Lon Jr labored hard not to be compared to Dad and in the end his successes in horror married him to the past and marred his personal life. Those who worked with him described him as miserable, angry, heavy into the bottle, and sad. Initially appearing in films under his real name Creighton Chaney, he was eventually rebranded as Lon Chaney Jr and as his fame peaked redubbed Lon Chaney by Universal. Soon after his star faded and he worked away in supporting and monster roles until his death. Trading Voices, Secret Invention, Cereal Novels, Undersea Kingdom Part 2, Any Excuse For A Parade, Pain Is Good, Eye Squint, No Cops & Donuts Joke Accord. “The Dick Clark Story on ABC”, “Any relation to Dick Chaney?” “I don’t think so”, “Sounds like the soundtrack is drunk.” “Lots of Jrs” or “Afternoon delight”?

6 Likes

Undersea Kingdom - Chapter Two: The Undersea City (1936).

3 Likes

Trading Voices.

2 Likes

Any Excuse For A Parade.

2 Likes

Not A Routine Case.

3 Likes

Drink Up And Get Out.

3 Likes

In Good Shape For A Dead Man.

3 Likes

409 Stinger.

2 Likes

Not a favorite of mine but I do love Lon Chaney Jr. Such an iconic monster movie actor, and who can forget him in “Of Mice and Men”. Truly one of the greats. This episode also features the Angel Flight Trolley we would see in The Incredibly Strange Creatures. Iconic, but Casey Adams drags this one down. He’s like Lance Fuller in The She Creature. No emotion or personality at all.

3 Likes

Trailer of Indestructible Man (1956).

2 Likes

Bad Movie Review: Indestructible Man (1956).

2 Likes

Bad Movie Review: Indestructible Man (1956).

2 Likes

Indestructible Man (1956) - Movie Review.

2 Likes

Indestructible Man (1956) Review.

2 Likes

I Didn’t Know I Was In A Lon Chaney Movie! (Indestructible Man, 1956)

2 Likes

Indestructible Man (1956). Full Movie.

2 Likes

Lon Chaney Jr: Classic Horror’s Everyman.

1 Like

@optiMSTie Too dire a movie for MST? Or just right?

1 Like

I just LOVE this episode! One of my favorites of Season 4 and a truly underrated episode!

4 Likes

“NOW I THINK HE’S JUST THE INCREDIBLY RESILIENT MAN.”

2 Likes