410. Hercules Against the Moon Men (1964)

Once Cave Dwellers (1984) and Pod People (1983) endeared themselves to me, I began taping episodes on Comedy Central. A few came and went before “DEEP HURTING!!!” found me. “SANDSTORM!!!”, “I AM the button”, “Pizza Pizza.” I was hooked. The Amazing Booby Trap Illusion, the Bots as musclemen, Pants!. This is ever so watchable. I can’t resist it whenever it’s on. Fan favorite? One for the ages?

4 Likes

My favorite of the Hercules bunch. I think it’s because the heavy Sci-Fi elements is always giving them something to work with. Hercules battles aliens? Why not!

Sandstorm really does live up to the hype. It is fun to watch Joel and The Bots try with all their might to survive it (and Joel even says the word “Riffing”!).

This is a very good experiment!

3 Likes

Memorable Invention Exchange.

2 Likes

Sing the praises of Pants!

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned this before, but Alan Steele looks like he’s having so much fun tossing guys around like bean bags.

3 Likes

Of all the Hercules movies, HAMM is the best. The riffing is top-notch. The movie itself is just this side of watchable (I.E. it is not a BAD movie except for the Sandstorm), but has enough stuff that’s so ridiculous that it lends itself well to throwing popcorn. It’s just a really solid outing with memorable host segments and riffs to boot. HAMM is in my top 10 episode list for a reason … and that reason is QUALITY. :slight_smile:

2 Likes