412. Hercules and the Captive Women (1961)

A cruise? “In the morning!!!” “In the evening!!!” “Ain’t we got fun!!!” “Not much money ooh but honey ain’t we got fun!!!” “The food is great dear!!!” “There’s never a bill!!!” “We’ll stay up late dear!!!” “Let’s not miss a thrill!!!” The Greeks know how to party. Forest Fire, Hercnapping, Ship of Fools, “Muscle, Muscle Man, he’s got to be a Muscle Man.” Dwarf, Herc Jr, Atlantis, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous? Blond haired wishes and stone cave dreams? Uranus, supermen, family outing? Gypsy Wants To Watch, Lawn Baby, The Wombmate, Good Natured Brawling, History Report, Hercules Action Figure, Goodbye Herc. “Movie’s starting! Come on you guys, Joel, Crow, Servo!”, “Hercules and the Captive Women. Well this sounds really fun”, “Look at that dumb name, that’s so stupid!” “Hey, get this, they’re steam cleaning the horses” or “Crap, I didn’t know it would be that bad”?

6 Likes

Gypsy Wants To Watch.

4 Likes

Lawn Baby.

1 Like

Good Natured Brawling.

1 Like

Hercules Action Figure.

2 Likes

“Today is dedicated to Uranus!” “Well thank you! I’m flatt- Oh.”

3 Likes

Take Back The Night.

2 Likes

A Captive Woman.

1 Like

Rational Man.

2 Likes

This movie was an early role for Italian star Gian Maria Volontè, who would be in such classics as For a Few Dollars More; The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; and Le Cercle Rouge.

4 Likes

Star Reg Park was a mentor of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s.

3 Likes

Turkey Day 93 Bumper for Hercules and the Captive Women (1961).

4 Likes

Another Turkey Day Bumper for Hercules and the Captive Women (1961).

3 Likes

They aren’t playing.

1 Like

Trailer of Hercules and the Captive Women (1961).

1 Like

It’s Just A Show 78. [MST3K 412. Hercules and the Captive Women]

2 Likes

To me: GPC’s brief stint in the theater is so adorable. She certainly tried her best and did manage to get in a really funny riff!

As for the episode in general: It’s not bad. It’s easily the most chopped-up of the Herc movies featured, so it can get really difficult to understand at times. But those great, colorful production values are still there. Joel and The Bots are reliable because the movie is always throwing something in their direction.

This is a solid episode in a great season!

6 Likes

“Hey, get this! They’re steam cleaning the horses!”

Always gets a laugh out of me! And I just love how Joel and The Bots give GPC props for getting that one to connect. :smiley:

4 Likes

I smiled so hard on that. Not just a great joke but it reflected her personality and sensibility. I could buy that coming out of her and that made it all the funnier.

3 Likes

Note: Rolled out in Super Technirama 70 at first, this was also titled Hercules Conquers Atlantis and Hercules and the Conquest of Atlantis in other markets.

2 Likes