“A SPRINKLE A DAY MAKES RICHARD KIEL GO AWAY.”

2 Likes

“DID I LEAVE THE IRON ON?”

2 Likes

“OH NO, HE GOT BEAMED INTO THE SONG OF THE SOUTH.”

3 Likes

“WE VISITED ANTHONY ROBBINS IN HIS PALATIAL HOME IN DEL MAR.”

2 Likes

Although not a favorite, this one is underrated. Yeah, it gets a little talky at times, but the movie is somewhat okay. We’ve got Richard Kiel, Delores Faith, and Hugh Beaumont. Decent cast. The plot is respectable. And the riffing here is above average. I like this one! A sleeper from season 4!

2 Likes

A prime cut of Season 4 without going to the obvious episodes. The commentary is clutch, the flick is absurd, and the whole flies by once you start it. The Richard Kiel impersonations give it a nice bite too. The wacky quotient is pretty choice for the show.

2 Likes

“THIS IS BEVERLY HILLS COP. ONLY THE SLOW WHITE VERSION.”

2 Likes

“YOU RANG? OH WAIT, I’M NOT TED CASSIDY. SORRY.”

2 Likes

Intrigue for starters. Unsavory fascination with the captives is not unheard in these kinds of pictures. The kidnapped girl or innocent frequently excites kindness or hesitation from the force not used to such sweetness and it offers easy jeopardy for our hero to overcome. It brings the story down to earth and offers stakes the viewer can relate to. James Whale’s Frankenstein (1931) even attempted this with the little girl and the flowers. It’s a classic trope we’ve seen time and time again.

More like the Human Duplicatorzzzzzzzzzzz…

This ep came in a time where MST was at its peak, but honestly I think this is one of the duller episodes in the pantheon. All the right ingredients were there … but for some reason this soufflé just didn’t rise for me.

1 Like