43th best

Nobody ever seems to ask this one very important question: When ranking the episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, which episode do you think comes in at number 43?

6 Likes

Well thatā€™s only because everyone knows that #43 is Track of the Moon Beast. I mean, duh

3 Likes

No. 35 is much more important, that being my lucky number and all.

[checks list] At present, thatā€™d be First Spaceship On Venus (subject to change without notice)

1 Like

#42 is much more important. Itā€™s the episode that holds the meaning of life, the universe and everything. So Iā€™m guessing Mitchell.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got it narrowed down to three. Once I figure out which one is 42st and which is 44rd, Iā€™ll get back to you.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got Rocketship X-M as my 43rd favorite experiment, but thatā€™s just one dopeā€™s opinion.

2 Likes

Manos.

YEAH, I SAID IT

5 Likes

But youā€™re a pretty sharp dope.

I took a peek at my listā€¦ yes, I have one, anyone wanna give me grief for that? :angry: :wink:

And this dopeā€™s ā€˜seriousā€™ answer to that question isā€¦ Time Chasers.

1 Like

Sure. Inhaleā€¦ andā€¦

TIME CHASERS?!?!?!?!?!?!??! :confounded:

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s scientifically proven. Using a series of weights and pulleys, beakers with chemicals in them and a low flame under, electrical thingamabobs, complicated charts, unreadable graphs, and dolls on turtles, I came to this conclusionā€¦

c4nj00645c-s3_hi-res

Irrefutable evidence, Time Chasers

5 Likes

According to the only list Iā€™ve really ever made that includes 43 (which by the way is my family number. Why? Donā€™t ask. It just is, okay?) and havenā€™t been able to change in a couple of years, number 43 is Code Name Diamond Head. ā€¦and I think Iā€™m okay with that.

2 Likes

ā€œNo, thatā€™s my recipe for olive loaf.ā€

6 Likes

Molecular gastronomy. mmm. mmm. My favorite.

3 Likes

Well, letā€™s see. There are 217 episodes, not counting the movie, not counting the mezzanine. So number 43 would come in around the end point of the top 1/5, which is pretty high up in the count. A favorite, but not best of the best.

It actually is Code Name: Diamond Head. Thatā€™s . . . okay wow.

2 Likes

According to my exhaustive ā€œMST3K Episode Ranking Spreadsheet For Obsessed People Who Have Nothing Else Better To Do In Their Sad Little Livesā€ (which is a REAL thing btw) my No. 43 is

811 - parts: the clonus horror

so there.

4 Likes

The Gunslinger. No reason why.

1 Like

The Mole People. It just doesnā€™t get enough love, but itā€™s got plenty of load.

3 Likes

It feels like the entirety of Season 8 is magical. Just an impossibly strong season, possibly the showā€™s best.

And The Mole People did a lot to conjure up some serious and legitimate ā€œMST3K is back, baby!ā€ hype. It FELT like prime MST3K.

4 Likes

I agree with that. I find myself turning to Season 8 often, and am disappointed how few of those episodes are on Shout. The Mole People is a better one than 43rd, but I just havenā€™t seen anyone mention it in the forums, so I wanted to give it some love.

More accurately, something like Teenagers From Outer Space probably finds its way to that position for me.

3 Likes

43th? How is that pronounced? Forty-thrith? Iā€™m intrigued.

2 Likes