43th best

43… Never bothered to take a list that long… I just don’t know…

Excuse me, while I go have an existential crisis…

Pod People would likely be close to that number thou…

1 Like

43 is an important spot. We’re out of the area that’s affected by mood. Of course it’s a primary number spot, so by the standard rules it has to be a Frank episode - but it’s also a centered heptagonal number so we have to go with Mike era. That limits our choices.

Based on that and it’s relative position in the top 25% of favorites, I have to give it to Colossus and the Headhunters. The episode that gave us Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter.

Science

2 Likes

Agreed, season 8 is probably my favorite season ( and it was when I discovered Mst3k). No. 43 wouldn’t be my favorite episode but one that I like. Hence, 43 is Terror from the Year 5000.

3 Likes

Really fun episode, that. It has that perfect aura of 50s sci-fi hokum.

It’s gotta be a really good alternate universe where Shout Factory has the rights to stream Terror from the Year 5000. Such a comfort food pick for being exuberantly silly…

3 Likes

I have a Pavlovian response to seeing that title - I hear the Terror screeching. It’s not a bad thing, but it’s a thing.

3 Likes

I’ve worn out my Cheesyflix copy of Terror of the Year 5000, but I’m not getting my hopes up for a Shout! copy.

1 Like

Shame, really.

I love that we can circulate the YouTube links, but it’s too bad that Terror from the Year 5000 can’t be more of a fan favorite by way of getting more exposure via official DVD/streaming releases.

3 Likes

Maybe if we start a chant, they’ll hear us.

Terror! Terror! Terror!

2 Likes

Pod People.

I’m kidding! I’m not nearly brave enough to say that and mean it.

It’s Cave Dwellers.

1 Like

I currently have The Magic Sword as my 43th best over, above Jack Frost but below Godzilla vs Megalon. The film is a great standard young noble hero vs. evil wizard to save the princess story. Riffing is good. I have a fun time watching it.