501. Warrior of the Lost World (1984)

A movie of many names. Il Giustiziere della terra Perduta aka Vigilante of the Lost Earth, Mad Rider, and I predatori dell’anno Omega or Raiders of the Omega Year. A Mad Max clone in an era of them. Donald Pleasence, Persis Khambatta, The Paper Chase Guy, Megaweapon. A Whole Lot of 80s. Servo’s Welcome Speech, The Square Master, Bitter Sweethearts, Hot Slot Bots, The Warrior Without A Driving Permit, Apocalypse Plans. “Music by Hawkwind or Genesis or Tangerine Dream or King Crimson or Uriah Heep or Sinergy or Rick Wakeman or Alan Parsons Project”, “She was in Star Trek: The Motion Picture but she had no hair”, “Sonny and Cher like you’ve never seen them before.” “Why! Why! Why!” or “Now he’s gonna tongue her armpits”?

6 Likes

Would you believe: one fine evening much like this one, about ten years ago. I was sitting at my desk at Land O’Lakes itself for my swing shift. Chuckling along with this episode and the actual riff about working for Land O’Lakes. No lie. :grin:

7 Likes

What is the deal with this movie? Mumbling Paper Chase guy, an annoying talking motorcycle, well-maintained post-apocalyptic roads, an aggressive agricultural protection scheme, a really weird wrestling federation, meaningless last-minute mole reveals, the return of funky Pleasence, and some really avant garde dystopian entertainment. Is this a movie or a fever dream?

But it does have the reason we’re all here, Megaweapon!!

5 Likes

The Warrior Without A Permit.

8 Likes

Hot Slot Bots.

3 Likes

Bitter Sweethearts.

2 Likes

Servo’s Welcome Speech, The Square Master, and Bitter Sweethearts.

3 Likes

Very bad mothers.

4 Likes

Oh, like Joan Collins?

3 Likes

What? You didn’t mention MEGAWEAPON?!? You, sir, have had your episode summarization license REVOKED with prejudice!

4 Likes

It is the movie’s most likable character.

3 Likes

You can’t reference everything. Megaweapon is so BELOVED it goes without saying he’s important. I feel what I write. If it doesn’t come to me, I trust my instincts. My apologies Megaweapon wherever you are.

3 Likes

Megaweapon is like mentioning Hands in a Manos (1966) thread. We run the risk of hearing “Seen It!!!” if we hit the nail too much on the head. Some things are so much a part of whatever it is you tempt fate either way. I thought of Megaweapon when writing this and after I finished I wasn’t sure where to stick it. There’s my honest answer.

4 Likes

My eternal thanks Megaweapon on running over that obnoxious motorcycle. Congrats!!!

3 Likes

Any fruit to declare?

7 Likes

Wow wow wow!
Why why why?

3 Likes

ANY FRUIT TO DECLARE?

7 Likes

Another Buddhist protesting the helmet laws.

5 Likes

I have to shout-out to an exceptional longform riff where, towards the end, Servo comes up with a celebrity resemblance every single individual in a very sizable crowd!

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/ward_e/List501a.html

6 Likes

That is a truly epic riff. Imagine having to watch that over and over and coming up with something for every single person. And then if you have one guy you just can’t think of anything for. Thankfully Servo didn’t have that particular problem.

4 Likes