506. Eegah (1962)

Arch Hall Jr and Joel Hodgson at Monster Bash 2014.

4 Likes

I rewatched this one recently, and WOW. I did not process how dark and creepy the whole “trapped in Eegah’s cave” sequence was when I was younger.

6 Likes

I love this episode! So much fun! Arch Hall Jr. Made for a lot of great riffs. Cabbage patch Elvis indeed! Watch out for Snakes!

4 Likes

The Limited Edition Restored Blu including the MST3K episode is still available. Only 1,500 exist.

2 Likes

Eegah was one of the episodes of MST3K I bought on VHS videocassette under the Rhino label.

I could never get over that meat buffet; if you look closely at that scene, the chef is actually laughing!

3 Likes

Who wouldn’t? The notion is preposterous. Hard not to.

2 Likes

“Econo Lodge… But why?”

2 Likes

The Pork-Orina.

5 Likes

Got it! Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

No problem. I noticed the numbers moved. I knew somebody here had grabbed one. Glad it was you!

1 Like

LOL yep that was me!

2 Likes

The Rhino tape. One I literally wore out.

1 Like

The DVD.

1 Like

great episode and one of the more ‘rapey’ movies they have done.

I love it and the live show riff of it was fantastic too.

2 Likes

If only a recording of the Watch Out For Snakes Tour were available. Especially Eegah (1962). Argoman the Fantastic Superman (1967) ditto.

4 Likes

I’m rewatching Eegah tonight via the July vault picks, and I just keep wondering: Did anyone ever solve the mystery of the wall ovens in the living room? They look like a pair of GE built-in ovens from the 1950s, but WHY are they in the living room?

2 Likes

mst3k506horseradish

I will always and forever scream-laugh at Crow’s “Sir, the horseradish is on the side.”

3 Likes

I smirk whenever that riff hits. Eegah (1962) is simply perfect joke bait. I finally played the episode to my MSTie skeptic best friend of 26 years in May and he complimented the humor fit the movie. A win after years of him avoiding it.

3 Likes

A southwestern thing perhaps. It would be a wonderful question for Arch Hall Jr. He’s my friend on Facebook.

4 Likes

My first time seeing it was on the live tour. Watching it now as well since it is one of the Vault Picks.

4 Likes