509. The Girl in Lovers Lane (1960)

Jack Elam. A character actor extraordinaire. Movies, The Small Screen, the Western is where he normally roamed. The Rifleman, Bonanza, Cheyanne, F Troop, Rawhide, The Twilight Zone, Death Valley Days. A bookkeeper and manager of the Hotel Bel-Air before embracing acting, Elam is famous for a lazy eye leading him to be typecast for most of his career. First villains and then comedic roles, Jack appeared in High Noon (1952), Cattle Queen of Montana (1954), Vera Cruz (1954), The Man from Laramie (1955), Jubal (1956), Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957), The Rare Breed (1966), The Night of the Grizzly (1966), and Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) where his features loomed in the memorable opening credits. Belly Buttons, Evil Baseball Promotions, Doc Martens for Don Martin, “What a Pleasant Journey”, Pinball Machine, Jack Elam, Happier Endings. “Sir, we just we wanna punch your ticket”, “Scotty beam me outta here!” “Hey wakeup snowball the credits are over.” “War-Torn Wisconsin” or “Black Gold, Texas Tea”?

5 Likes

Belly Buttons.

2 Likes

Evil Baseball Promotions and Doc Martens for Doc Martin.

3 Likes

The Depressing Adventures of Big Stupid and his faithful sidekick Danny. The poor dopes.

5 Likes

What a Pleasant Journey.

5 Likes

Jack Elam.

5 Likes

A Film By Casey Jones.

2 Likes

Fonzie’s Alley.

2 Likes

Funkytown.

2 Likes

Best of 509.

3 Likes

More Best of 509.

3 Likes

He’ll Be Back and Happier Endings.

4 Likes

That’s Somebody’s Ideal Childhood and Pinball Machine.

3 Likes

Even More Best of 509.

3 Likes

Oof, what a depressing movie. As I’ve said elsewhere, in my head Carrie skips town and hooks up with Michelle from Gold Boots, and they eventually pick up Wanama from Jungle Goddess and Doris the model from The Brain that Wouldn’t Die on their way to an awesome place free of awful men. Maybe they become Bellerians or something.

7 Likes

509 Stinger.

2 Likes

Riffed Opening Credits.

4 Likes

Even Further Best of 509 and Review of the Episode.

3 Likes

It’s A Just Show 26. [MST3K 509. The Girl in Lovers Lane]

3 Likes

What I Wouldn’t Give To Be Mr. Bubble Right Now.

2 Likes