518. The Atomic Brain (1963)

mst3k518warning

Also also, I love the melodramatics over the gang leader being vehemently adamant about the students not attending the city council meeting.

“I wouldn’t advise any of you to go to that meeting if I were you… I’M WARNING YOU.”

What kinda Snidely Whiplash nonsense is that?

3 Likes

One last thought… Also the creative impulses (and I say that loosely) aren’t on the same wavelength as general knowledge or information. People go off into scenarios, concepts, creations, and they get lost in their imagination and they stumble on things they think are new and untried and to them they are before reality hits. I suspect (but don’t know) this is what went down here. I too can’t believe this actually happened. Welcome to “Truth being stranger than Fiction.”

1 Like

I’m convinced that every last one of these shorts has a script that was scribbled onto a soggy bar napkin by day-boozers too impatient to wait for Happy Hour. Nothing else explains it all.

2 Likes

Hey, wait a minute, that’s the story of Invasion U.S.A.!

2 Likes

Tom Weaver also realized the irony in the Monstrosity (1963) Blu Commentary that Marjorie played a cat lady in a latter role. I’m struggling to pin down the part. IMDB isn’t giving me enough to go on.

1 Like

Hmmm… got me stumped on that one.

1 Like

I hear they’re still talking about Zoning Stuff at that city hall meeting.

4 Likes

mst3k518questionmark

Prince’s new name!

(Or is that Frank Gorshin’s new name?)

3 Likes

The film is Street Music (1981). Eaton portrayed an eccentric old woman who raises cats.

2 Likes

Oh, sweet deal, solid job tracking that down!

2 Likes

Just tell 'em you’re the next Kubrick.

2 Likes

In a film full of semi-quasi-acceptable guano sci-fi insanity all over the place, we can’t overlook the hilarity of the mansion having a NUCLEAR SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTON.

4 Likes

Easily accessed and set off BY A CAT!!!

3 Likes

FOR SERIOUS

Like, you’d THINK they’d have some safeguards in place, SOMETHING.

3 Likes

Bots being Mads. Mads being Bots. Invention Exchange.

2 Likes

Trace doing Dr. Forrester doing Crow. Trace doing Crow doing Dr. Forrester. So good.

2 Likes

Rhino’s cover art on the VHS.

Expanded view.

Oh, and how could I forget? Vy Russell co-wrote this movie AND co-wrote The Indestructible Man.

1 Like