521. Santa Claus (1959)

Gosh, I would be geeking super hard if they found a way to incorporate Frank’s $25 savings bond into the upcoming episode. Since it’s this close to becoming fully realized!

7 Likes

“Santa sees all” has real 1984 vibes. I like “thee-a-ter”, as a pronunciation.

1 Like

I remember the Sci-Fi channel having a promo for a movie marathon hosted by some wrestler called The Undertaker and they had The Undertaker introduce it as his “thee-a-ter of dewm.”

1 Like

I’m so psyched that it’s almost time to watch this one again

4 Likes

“George Orwell’s A Christmas Carol”

2 Likes

“If you want a picture of the Ghost of Christmas Future, imagine a Christmas Goose as big as you stamping on Tiny Tim’s face – for ever.”

2 Likes

Pedro was apparently the real life brother of Lupita. I’d always thought there was a resemblance.

1 Like

Lupita vs Panchito
I Don’t know who wears the crown for most adorable child in mst3k history (mst-ory?)

1 Like

Hey! I just realized Frank’s savings bond matures next year!

2 Likes

We WERE just talking about that earlier in the thread.

1 Like

This has been mentioned but it’s new to me!

1 Like

For us too! The 2023 thing is so surreal. Funny when that happens.

2 Likes

It’s like how Moon Zero Two is now completely historical, since we’ve passed the dates when it allegedly took place. I’m just glad @optiMSTie brought up the savings bond at all, that’s a detail I’d forgotten about.

7 Likes

Fun fact: This sort of thing is exactly why Joel said he didn’t name the show Mystery Science Theater 2000.

9 Likes

Man, Steve looks so annoyed/displeased/something to be on his own album covers.

1 Like

“Snap it up Leon Russell.”

1 Like

“I didn’t know Santa and Merlin were buddies.”

3 Likes

One of the more WTF moments in this one, and that WTF factor is the key element to MST Xmas movies.

3 Likes

“Ha, ha, it’s a Hot Wheels cat.”

3 Likes

“Let’s submit this to Doggone Funny.”

2 Likes