521. Santa Claus (1959)

“Hosni Mubarak.”

1 Like

“Let’s start a Chinese restaurant?”

1 Like

I remember watching this episode on TV on Comedy Central. When I described it later to my buddies in Ridgewood, NY (a neighborhood in Queens), they looked at me funny.

One of them, Derek, said there was no such movie in existence. This was before the Internet became more widespread and I could have pulled up Wikipedia or IMDB.

5 Likes

“Heat up the death ray.”

2 Likes

“Oh damn, I had the speaker on.”

3 Likes

You’re welcome. This one is the gift that keeps on giving. This is high quality MST3K. Such a crazy pic aided by expert ribbing by everybody involved. The stardust germinates from the flick and Mike and the Bots capitalized on it in high fashion. Our thoughts are inspired by that.

4 Likes

For a number of years, I never fully paid attention to the persons whom Pitch woke up.

When he said “I’m gonna wake up everybody,” I assumed he was going from house-to-house in the neighborhood doing that, but I then realized he was just doing that with everyone in that particular house.

Though I think because of Twitter, I sometimes hear Frank going: “More pie, man-goat?”

2 Likes

It’s 2023.

TV’s Frank’s $25 Savings Bond has fully matured!

8 Likes

Good, because he could really use that $25.

5 Likes

How will Frank spend his newly-earned riches?

A new head?
A new liver?
A ticket to see Squanto: A Warrior’s Tale?

5 Likes

“Frank, Squanto opened and closed three weeks ago.”

5 Likes

Oh my word, I just watched this episode for the first time last night and absolutely loved it. Laughed so hard and this is now up there with my all time favorite eps. Just such a bizarre movie and the riffs and host segments were great!! Frank’s gotta cash in that savings bond!!

6 Likes

SQUANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A warrior’s tale…

4 Likes

Re-watched it last night.

Even after all of these years, one of my favorite episodes of the show. Still my favorite Christmas experiment.

….Mike’s hard rock/glam metal power ballad in the SANTA KLAWS skit really is a fun production number. I find myself wishing it got covers like some of the other songs have. :christmas_tree::deer::santa::sparkles::snowflake:

….the Wind-Up Reindeer get creepier every time I watch this thing. Are they alive? Possessed? Sapient but insane? Brrrr.

….I was in one of the most depressing periods of my life when this episode premiered. It was my first Christmas without Dad.

Having this to watch helped a little.

5 Likes

My pet peeve with this episode is that they did Gift Of The Magi for The Mads again despite having already done it before with Santa v. Martians.

Other than that, it’s a great episode though. :+1: Pitch showing up at the end is, dare I say it? Pitch-perfect. :wink:

“But Santa oppresses the proletariat.” :dolls:

6 Likes

However, given the relationship dynamics between Dr. F. and TV’s F., they were probably destined to reenact some version of this ritual every year, never learning from it and always forgetting about it by the time the next Christmas rolled around. I’m sure it was a holiday tradition in Deep 13.

5 Likes