609. The Skydivers (1963)

definitely. The crow and tom who ended on earth with mike at the end of Season 10 aren’t the tom and crow that started season 8.

Specifically that Crow went back in time to Wisconsin and stayed there in Time Chasers.

2 Likes

A nod to Trace behind the scenes implying he was leaving the show? Possibly?

1 Like

for fun. here is Mike’s article about his headache issues. The ‘experimentation time’ he talks about here lines up with what he talked about with medication he was trying in season 6 when his headache problem was peaking.

1 Like

I can’t altogether disagree. I want to make note the variance of Season 6 was more volatile. Given episodes are favorites and the rest are decidedly all over the place. Literally. Same with the experiments. The films out there to be grabbed were Z-Grade over having much entertainment value and that too taxed the writers to overcome and the results are what we see.

1 Like

I don’t remember having a huge issue with the Season 7 Deep 13 stuff except in the one fateful ‘Clayton!’ episode. But I also don’t remember much else, except for the very extended and pointed moviemaking stuff, which I thought was good.

2 Likes

The Rhino cassette.

4 Likes

I generally don’t dig Dr. F as it is… But it’s rough going without frank.

1 Like

609 Promo.

2 Likes

And I finally did it.

1 Like

This is my favorite Coleman Francis episode and it’s easy to see why. Great short, one of there best! Cheesy but watchable movie. This is easily the best of Coleman’s movies. It’s easy to get caught up in the love triangle plot. Plus there’s Skydiving, lots of it! My son is in the Air Force and I asked him about putting acid in someone’s parachute. He laughed and said, " yeah, that would be pretty low"!
The sex for sundries tune never fails to crack me up!

This was the first Coleman episode I saw and man was I taken! I just adore this one!

4 Likes

The coffee and failed chemistry of the leads is what I walk away with. No urgency to the acting, an apathetic air to the scenes, and a pedestrian flavor to all that’s in it. You are so right. This is the most accessible and approachable of Coleman Francis’ films which definitely is saying something.

3 Likes

Coleman didn’t do much right, but this movie almost, ALMOST, drags you in.

5 Likes

And the music to this? Is it of help to the movie?

4 Likes

I read somewhere that Anthony Cardoza was the guy you went too on a Coleman Francis movie to get something done. He seemed like a nice guy but wow, was he a boring actor.

3 Likes

I actually like the music! Like the Del-Aires these guys were actually pretty good! The guitarist was talented!

3 Likes

George Herman Ruth on guitar!

2 Likes

WAY boring as an actor. He and a Ziplock bag held about as much charisma.

1 Like

Agreed! He left his personality at the door!

1 Like

I’m partial to the tunes too. You certainly taste the era in the song selection. The dancing succeeds better than the skydiving.

2 Likes

Jimmy Bryant had talent! Mst found some obscure musicians. I also like The Beau Brummels and the band from Girl in Gold Boots (can’t remember their name). Not including The Band that played California lady. They sucked! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes