621. The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)

THE FREAKIN’ APOLLO MISSION!

Jeez, movie. I know you were made in 1961, but still!

5 Likes

I’m not entirely sure but I think they were trying to suggest that the Russians had completed a secret manned mission to the moon and Tor defected to the US to blow the lid off the whole mission.

I think. It’s so hard to tell wtf is happening in that movie.

TIME FOR GO TO GROUND TRANSPORTATION.

9 Likes

I always thought that was the idea. But how would anyone know that there was a secret flag on the moon?

5 Likes

Right? Nothing about this movie makes sense if you look at it too hard.

5 Likes

Straight from the mind of Coleman Francis. Need I say more?

6 Likes

@Deiseboi3k I’ve started doing that. I won’t attack every one or even half but the ones that talk to me I will. Below are the links to every episode thread I’ve made so far.

5 Likes

The same way that any conspiracy theorist magically knows about the secret events. For something that is a major secret, it sure is easy for people to somehow know about it.

4 Likes

I’ve been popping in to those threads too when I get a chance to have a glance around. Keep up the good work :grin:

3 Likes

This may be a rather embarrassing admission, but until you wrote that I had not put two and two together and realized that the movie pre-dates the Moon landings. I thought Coleman was getting a head start on the Kubrick fan-club.

9 Likes

Whaaaaaat? I had no clue.

Also just wanted to stop in and say that I really enjoy this episode. It’s my one that I like that many people don’t care for. Which is a cool thing about the show - many of us have that experience and everybody’s cool about it.

Rock on, people.

6 Likes

22 and counting! In a few more days, I’ll add more.

1 Like

I updated the list above to include everything thus far

2 Likes

My least favorite of the Coleman Francis trio. But that’s not a bad thing. I love all three!

2 Likes

Huge props to @Goldash on adding 617. The Sword and the Dragon (1956) to the list of this expanding series. We now have 23 separate threads on MST episodes. And further to come!

P.S. A master list of links is located in this thread and every posting on shows links directly back here.

2 Likes

No new threads today. In updating many of the older threads with Rhino VHS pics spur of the moment (because much of my MST memories tie in with those), a number of them are in the top of the forum feed. More than I would like. I do watch that. Once they fall out of The Top 40 with Casey Kasem I’ll carry on.

Hey @BruceLeePullen, I kinda wish I sent you a quick message before posting. I saw that you had made the other episode threads but didn’t know that it was a series. It wasn’t my intention to take away from what you were doing but I’m glad you were okay with it.

I honestly wanted to find a place to talk about the new Vinegar Syndrome blu-ray of “Sword and the Dragon” and thought I’d make a new thread since the MST3K episode is also a personal favorite.

2 Likes

I’m appreciative you copied the heading format. It falls flawlessly in with the others. Were you to ever do any more replicate the episode number, the movie, then the year as you did on 617. Cheers Goldash!

2 Likes

:eyes:

“We’re gonna’ need a bigger board.”

3 Likes

So many episodes. So little time…

Been chipping away @Deiseboi3k .