622. Angels Revenge (1979)

The Rhino design sells itself.

4 Likes

DVD cover.

4 Likes

They were all available at once only because there were no Quinn Martin pilots in the works that week.

6 Likes

LOL!!!

2 Likes

ARTHUR GODFREY: will YOU shine your love!?

5 Likes

To be quite honest, outside of the CT and Rifftrax riffs I mentioned (sorry, the CT riff title is actually East Meets Watts), I have had very little experience with blaxploitation movies other than having seen some Dolemite trailers, and possibly having seen bits and pieces of them on late night TV in the '70s/'80s. So, I don’t know much about what is even out there to be riffed, I just really like the riffs of those that I have seen.

3 Likes

An Emily Live Tour riffing this would be AWESOME. I’d pay to see that!

3 Likes

Is it me or does Rollie Fingers hold a striking resemblance to Matthew McConaughey?

2 Likes

I still have to wonder, who, in 1979, thought having Arthur Godfrey added to the cast would lure some extra customers to the theater? They should have gone with one of the younger stars that the kids of the day were going crazy for, like Ken Berry or John Davidson.

5 Likes

Greydon Clark? Here’s a question. Why hasn’t MST snatched Without Warning (1980) yet? Jack Palance, Martin Landau, Neville Brand, Ralph Meeker, a young David Caruso, and an alien hurling killer pancakes? The jumble of thoughts and execution practically begs to be MSTied and Shout Factory till recently had the rights.

3 Likes

The 70s was the last vestige of that time where after a certain period of being famous you could just be “famous” without anyone knowing why.

We didn’t often see them outside of their natural habitat, by which I mean the Match Game panel.

5 Likes

Or Hollywood Squares

6 Likes

Aren’t those people just known as “You Tube Influencers” now? :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

They’re just a cancerous outgrowth of the Real Sociopaths of Kardashia movement.

Remember how they defeated the monster advertisements in the Simpsons? It’s the only way! Just don’t look, just don’t look!

5 Likes

That is a sweet mustache!

3 Likes

I’ve buffed my love once, but I never shined it.

4 Likes

I’m imagining Charles Nelson Reily as a social media influencer now and. . .I ain’t even mad.

6 Likes

He couldn’t be any more annoying than the real ones I’ve tried to watch.

5 Likes

I recall watching some 1970 era Match Game episodes online after seeing Crow’s one-man Match Game show, and I found that his impression of Brett Somers was so bad…

“How bad was it?”

It was so bad that, combined with the androgyny of the name, I thought Brett Somers was supposed to be a man. A bit more nasal and a bit less smoker’s voice would have made it more convincing. At least his takes on Charles Nelson Reilley and Nipsy Russell were passable.

5 Likes

@Satoris720 A high-water mark of Season 6?

2 Likes