703. Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell (1988)

Conan the Barbarian (1982) unsheathed an entire arsenal of these flicks. The Beastmaster (1982), Sorceress (1982), Ator, The Fighting Eagle (1982), Ironmaster (1983), Conquest (1983), Krull (1983), Fire and Ice (1983), Deathstalker (1983), Hearts and Armour (1983), Cave Dwellers (1984), The NeverEnding Story (1984), Conan the Destroyer (1984), Ladyhawke (1985), The Black Cauldron (1985), Red Sonja (1985), Legend (1985). Once the swords started clashing, they never stopped. Crow’s Toupee, Mom’s Parasite, Renaissance Fest, Dead Camel, Love’s Sweet Throbbing Gondola, Tainted Milk. “So, you can just declare something a classic, huh?”, “Ohh these guys are like warriors FROM hell”, “Relson, what kind of name is Relson?” It’s Nelson." “Oh, I have a feeling we’re making a run for the border in this movie” or “What kind of made up font is this?”

8 Likes

I would like to shoot everyone in this movie entirely in Mexico!

5 Likes

Renaissance Fest.

5 Likes

Conansploitation or Barbariansploitation. Must decide on a name. Anyhoo, I have watched all but 3 or 4 of these:

• Amazons
  • Ator I: Ator the Fighting Eagle
  • Ator II: Ator the Invicible
  • Ator III: Iron Warrior
  • Ator IV: Quest for the mighty Sword
  • Barbarian
  • Barbarian Queen I
  • Barbarian Queen II: The Empress Strikes Back
  • Battle of the Amazons
  • Beastmaster I
  • Beastmaster II: Through the Portal of Time
  • Beastmaster III: The Eye of Braxus
  • Conquest
  • Deathstalker I
  • Deathstalker II
  • Deathstalker III
  • Deathstalker IV
  • Eyes of the Serpent
  • Gor I
  • Gor II: Outlaw of Gor
  • Hawk the Slayer
  • Hearts and Armour
  • Hundra
  • Ironmaster
  • Krull
  • Kull the Conqueror
  • Ladyhawke
  • Red Sonja
  • Sangraal
  • Sorceress
  • Stormquest
  • The Archer: Fugitive from the Empire
  • The Barbarians
  • The Invincible Barbarian aka Gunan
  • The Sword and the Sorcerer
  • The Throne of Fire
  • The Warrior and the Sorceress
  • Thor the Conqueror
  • Tunka the Warrior
  • Warrior Queen
  • Wizards of the Demon Sword
  • Wizards of the lost Kingdom I
  • Wizards of the lost Kingdom II
3 Likes

Love’s Sweet Throbbing Gondola.

6 Likes

I can’t find my way to the ice rink!

2 Likes

Men Without Hats.

4 Likes

Ride Of The Bats.

3 Likes

Who Are We? Bats!

3 Likes

Best of 703.

3 Likes

Maybe someday its sequel will be next…

4 Likes

I have extreeeeeeeme feelings about this season. This episode, Escape 2000, and Laserblast are some of the best work they’ve ever done. The remaining episodes don’t do much for me at all. (In fact, Blood Beast ticks me off pretty much from start to finish, though that’s not Our Heroes’ fault. They try.)

This has Hot Dog On A Stick, Mama Pearl barely able to not laugh at the others’ antics, AND yet another swipe at Ren Fests. Pretty sure their grudge against those goes clear back to Season “Zero.” And I never fail to sputter out loud when Crow tries to imitate the soundtrack.

I saw one of those other Deathstalkers at the live show. Sooo funny! Too bad they likely don’t have the rights to make it an official episode.

6 Likes

703 Promo.

3 Likes

More Best of 703.

3 Likes

Festival Crashers.

3 Likes

:notes: “I was writing when I dreamt this… Forgive me tho’ it’s total craaaap…” :notes:

4 Likes

I second that. Those three are memorable. The movies truly drag out stellar comments. They saved the best for last in Season 7.

4 Likes

[nod] I hope I’m not running down anyone else’s faves. Some of this may just be that certain movie genres automatically click with me, and others (beauty & the beast pastiches, splatter fests, and attempted MPREG) don’t.

4 Likes

True. There’s always that. No matter my taste, the writing in Season 7 sticks out. The Deep 13 Segments? They are the weak link to me. “To each their own…”

5 Likes

It’s okay, Buddy. I’ll have your Potato Planks™. I love 'em!!

(And you can have my Clownburger™.)

4 Likes