808. The She-Creature (1956)

And then I guess the whole theme went mercifully, uh… dead for awhile until the 1970s cinematic glories which were Audrey Rose and The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

As for 808, well, remember when I was talking about how incredible season 8 was? This for me is a speed bump. I know I should love this episode, I just don’t. The movie is just so drab, and Lance Fuller drags down every scene he’s in (funny, I like him in This Island Earth). And Chester Morris is downright good as Lombardi! I’ve tried watching it multiple times, but still, it just doesn’t move me. Funny, because 807 and 809 are such classics in my opinion. This and Agent from H.A.R.M are probably my least favorites from season 8.

2 Likes

Since this one came out so close to The Undead, I always mix them up in my head. Undead is the one with Digger Smulken, right?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. 806 is The Undead with the aforementioned Digger Smolken. 808 was The She Creature.

2 Likes

Sitting back to The She-Creature (1957) a day or two ago, I had difficulty staying with it. The movie is so lifeless the riffing is powerless to revive it. The meandering and heavy exposition put you to sleep quicker than Lombardi’s hypnotism. Lance Fuller is a non-entity onscreen and the plot is apparent from the opening sequence. Mike and the Bots lift it some but not enough.

3 Likes

At first, I thought they had repurposed a Cookie Monster variant of the Tickle Me Elmo. But listening closely, I believe it is indeed Kevin.

2 Likes