808. The She-Creature (1956)

And then I guess the whole theme went mercifully, uh… dead for awhile until the 1970s cinematic glories which were Audrey Rose and The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

As for 808, well, remember when I was talking about how incredible season 8 was? This for me is a speed bump. I know I should love this episode, I just don’t. The movie is just so drab, and Lance Fuller drags down every scene he’s in (funny, I like him in This Island Earth). And Chester Morris is downright good as Lombardi! I’ve tried watching it multiple times, but still, it just doesn’t move me. Funny, because 807 and 809 are such classics in my opinion. This and Agent from H.A.R.M are probably my least favorites from season 8.

2 Likes

Since this one came out so close to The Undead, I always mix them up in my head. Undead is the one with Digger Smulken, right?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s correct. 806 is The Undead with the aforementioned Digger Smolken. 808 was The She Creature.

2 Likes

Sitting back to The She-Creature (1957) a day or two ago, I had difficulty staying with it. The movie is so lifeless the riffing is powerless to revive it. The meandering and heavy exposition put you to sleep quicker than Lombardi’s hypnotism. Lance Fuller is a non-entity onscreen and the plot is apparent from the opening sequence. Mike and the Bots lift it some but not enough.

3 Likes

At first, I thought they had repurposed a Cookie Monster variant of the Tickle Me Elmo. But listening closely, I believe it is indeed Kevin.

2 Likes

Since this one is being showcased tonight, it’s worth remembering that Tom Conway (the rich dad) also shows up in 12 To The Moon and in Bride of the Gorilla, done on RT by our favorite woman riffers. I really liked him in that one. Not much of a movie, but he and the other performers really tried to bring something extra to the dreary/badly dated story.

2 Likes

This was only one of two episodes from Season 8 that I just couldn’t rewatch because it was a slog of a movie.
The other was The Mole People. Even though this wasn’t dull it was somewhat depressing, which was why I couldn’t rewatch it either. The big saving grace was the host segment at the very end with Pearl and Howard. Again my apologies to everyone that like this episode.

2 Likes

How is it depressing? Adad was spared the horror of being deflowered by a character portrayed by John Agar. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You do have a point there.

1 Like

Came across this recently.

2 Likes

This isn’t a favorite episode of mine, but it does have one of my all time favorite riffs, which never fails to send my wife into a giggling fit.

There’s a scene where the lead walks into a room and someone shuts the door behind him and totally whacks his elbow with the door. The actor doesn’t react to it, as it was obviously a mistake, so Mike deadpans “Ow, my elbow.”

We die laughing at that every time.

2 Likes

There was no such thing as same-sex attraction until Agar and Doctor Mumbles here happened onto the dating scene. :confused:

1 Like

From the IMDB trivia page for Old Yeller:

3 Likes