903. The Pumaman (1980)

The trickle-down of 70s pop culture. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), Superman: The Movie (1978). Little Green Men, Secret Societies, Front Projection, Alberto De Martino stirs this together and man is it Italian. Cheese, Sausage, Thin Crust, this Deep Dish drowns in sauce. Aztecs, Prologue, the breeding of extra terrestrials gifts Earth a Pumaman handed down through the generations. From Father to Son, the mantle is passed. And now humanity is on the brink. Will The Real Slim Shady, Please Stand Up? Short Man’s Disease, Costume Ball, Dry Hairstyle, Coatimundi Man, Genuine Aztec Mask, Roger Whittaker. “Christmas Ornaments of the Gods”, “Hot Bathysphere Action”, “Back, back, back, it’s a homerun!!!” “The dim cry of an anal probe” or “THERE’S ONLY YOU IN MY LIFE!!!”?

6 Likes

Short Man’s Disease.

4 Likes

The Pumaman - Why We Love It.

2 Likes

Flies Like A Moron.

3 Likes

Best of 903.

2 Likes

More Best of 903.

2 Likes

Even More Best of 903.

2 Likes

Even Further Best of 903.

2 Likes

Yet Even More Best of 903.

2 Likes

It’s Just A Show 36. [MST3K 903. The Pumaman]

3 Likes

Tony’s First Search For The Mask.

2 Likes

The Jingle Sequence.

2 Likes

Faker.

2 Likes

Hero.

2 Likes

2014 Turkey Day Intro to Pumaman (1980).

2 Likes

The Pumaman Roasts Donald Pleasance Alive.

2 Likes

What bugs me is Vadinho’s firm belief in the gods, even though it seems this whole mess with the mask is their fault.

Seems they just dropped that mask off on Earth, and let Cobras just get away with so much, and yet Vadinho claims it was all part of their plan.

I feel this one may very well be in my Top 3. Between this and Warriors of the Lost World, Donald Pleasance has what I feel is a more substantial role in this one.

Cobras: “Pew-ma-man, I am ordering you…I AM ORDERING YOU-“
Crow: “A fajita, is that okay?”

Vadinho: “Each man is a god, each man is free.”
Mike: “How bout guys in jail, they’re not free. How bout guys in gulags?”

6 Likes

Top 5 MST3K Riffs - The Pumaman (1980).

2 Likes

MST3K Review Guys - The Pumaman (1980).

2 Likes

IMDB Bottom 100: Pumaman Review.

1 Like