905. The Deadly Bees (1966)

The author of Psycho co-wrote the screenplay? “We all go a little mad sometimes.” Freddie Francis? The man who lit The Elephant Man (1980) and Glory (1989) directed? “Hooray For Hollywood!!!” A movie only Irwin Allen could love. Pop Singer, Rest Home, The Smell of Fear, who knew bees were so dangerous? Obsession by Calvin Klein or Dior Sauvage for Men? Chili Dogs, Revenge of the Brains, Love Sonnet, Wood Ticks, Just For Men, Psychic Battle. “Christopher Robin decided on a diabolical plan to kill Pooh”, “No please according to physicists we can’t fly”, “They named every bee? This is gonna take forever.” “Friendly Swearword Productions” or “It’s Happy Music Now and Everything Is Okay”?

7 Likes

Chili Dogs, Revenge of the Brains, I’m Departing, and Psychic Battle.

4 Likes

Best of 905.

4 Likes

More Best of 905.

3 Likes

Even More Best of 905.

3 Likes

Even Further Best of 905.

4 Likes

Yet More Best of 905.

2 Likes

I’m Departing.

2 Likes

Tramp Douglas Superspy.

2 Likes

Trailer of The Deadly Bees (1966).

2 Likes

The Deadly Bees (1966) - The First Killer Bees Movie!

1 Like

Wilfred Josephs’ score to The Deadly Bees (1966).

1 Like

What kept this movie from being released on disc?

1 Like

Rights issues I assume.

1 Like

I just saw someone on eBay who is attempting to sell copies of this episode on disc as if it was.

1 Like

There are things out there. They’re not actual releases. Paramount is behind distributing The Deadly Bees (1966) and Diabolik (1968) and owns and distributes The Space Children (1958). Two of the three MST3K episodes are presently unavailable on disc. Blame the Mountain. Paramount is problematic to deal with. They can be. And this was before Paramount +.

2 Likes

@optiMSTie Anything further on The Deadly Bees (1966) rights issue I might have missed? Thanks.

Another hard to find episode. I remember the dog’s meat (who can forget it?) and a dapper chap showing up at the end of the movie, ready to take on a problem that someone else has already solved. Obviously from the British government.

6 Likes

There’s meat, and we’ve got string…and tortillas stuffed with ham!

5 Likes

He was the guy at the beginning of the film sent to check out the farm. It’s a barely memorable scene that you have no reason not to forget about since it has nothing to do with the rest of the movie.

5 Likes