A Case of Oil Fever! NOT starring Oily, the oil sprite!

Saw this in front of an ASMR video of all things. I was stunned at how it seems to have been directly inspired by A Case of Spring Fever. It’s just missing an oil sprite and more gray asses. (I hope I am posting this in the right place!)

3 Likes

Oily would be a Petroleum Pixie. A true variant of Spring Fever would feature a cyclist who gets cheesed off after nearly getting clipped by a passing car and he wishes there was no petroleum. Oily appears and grants his wish. Alas, he learns to his consternation that many of the items for his cycling hobby don’t exist in the forms he’s accustomed to, as no petroleum also means no plastic. He begs Oily to reverse it, who begrudgingly complies. He then preaches the Gospel of Petroleum to his cycling buddies, much to their annoyance.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO climate change!

4 Likes

It’s Oily’s army of dankness, look!

4 Likes

First, you’re totally right.

Second, holy sh…smokes, that commercial is wild. I had to go look them up.

They’re not just an oil company, they’re a pipeline company.

1 Like

I thought we were covering the oily actors from the MST3K vaults. Arch Hall Junior, aka the butt-ugly teen from Eegah, immediately springs to mind.

1 Like

There is an entire section of the online game Kingdom of Loathing that involves oil and oil sprites.

2 Likes

Yeah, they’re awful. Fossil fuel and related companies need to get their heads out of their, well, you know… and diversify into renewables. It’s clearly the future. I mean, we have no choice.

4 Likes

Yeah, no. Sorry. Just stunned at out this commercial/propaganda was so unabashedly similar to A Case of Spring Fever. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Did not know that!

2 Likes

*how not “out”

What the heck, Pete! Proofread!!

2 Likes

I keep coming across references to KoL lately. The universe is telling me to play it. I know it.

1 Like

Literally every dude in The The Eye Creature and The She-Creature.

Oh, and I’m muting this thread now. If it’s not about a salad-oil sprite, I just don’t care.

2 Likes

Okay, so I wasn’t the only one who thought this was bogus propaganda. Good. I’m glad my “that was bunk” sensor isn’t broken.

2 Likes

“I wish there was no climate change”

Hi, I’m climey the climate change sprite. No climate change! Wait…why isn’t anyone begging me to bring climate change back!!! I feel like Mikey the Mike Sprite.

3 Likes