A correction

21 Likes

7 Likes

And here I thought him and Charlie McCarthy were a thing.

3 Likes

I thought the dummy was Gallagher? :wink:

5 Likes

“Dummy” means silent.

4 Likes

It wasn’t Hugo?

4 Likes

Joel with Stanley in 1976.

14 Likes

You know, if this guy could juggle, he’d rule England.

8 Likes

Maybe all this newly re dug up attention will convince Joel to dust off his lever finger and do a reprise of his childhood act what was good enough to get in the papers.

5 Likes

Another fine mess Joel’s gotten himself into.

5 Likes

Three crows in a row?

You better not be attempting murder.

5 Likes

That’s hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. :joy:

4 Likes

This is the story of a puppet named Stanley. Stanley wanted revenge.

7 Likes

Years ago, I was able to meet with Joel in one of those paid meet and greets before one of the live shows. Since I knew I was going to be able to finally meet one of my heroes, I prepared for him a “gift”. A document I called “Joel Hodgson and MST3K Through Wisconsin’s Eyes - A Retrospective Portfolio”, wherein I searched through every single Wisconsin paper that I could, and collected every single mention of either Joel or MST3K. There were some surprising things in there… it includes I think everything mentioned here, and more. I was lucky enough to be able to hand him a printed off copy of it, though I don’t know if he ever got around to reading it.

Enjoy:

7 Likes

Heh, I might have spoken a bit too soon when I said “enjoy”. I forgot that I didn’t bother to highlight the actual Joel and MST3K mentions in the pages until AFTER I’d printed them out. I highlighted them with an actual highlighter.

So, I guess I should say “enjoy the DEEP HURTING as you try to find the mentions!” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

He wore a black turtleneck but forgot the beret?!?!

Poor fellow. No wonder he never made it in showbiz.

1 Like

The ennui. It was too great for the beret!

2 Likes

Oddly enough, I just found another interview with him at the age of 18 saying that a black turtleneck is a good way to hide the Adam apple, as it visibly moves when you switch between voices while doing ventriloquism and can ruin the illusion.

I mean, sacred bleu! Right? Sacred bleu?

2 Likes

The puppet reminds me of Project Popcorn.

3 Likes

I remember watching that and thinking “man I wish the transition from sketch to movie was more impressive.” I may have an aggressive fondness for the door sequences.

1 Like