A glitch in The Gizmoplex (Mouse Pointer Not Hiding)

I wanted to let the powers that be know that there is an annoying bug. I watch the show on a Windows 10 PC and the bug only happens in The Gizmoplex. When you make a video full screen, after a few seconds, the controls at the bottom and your mouse pointer are supposed to disappear. For me, the controls disappear like they are supposed to, but the mouse pointer “hand” does not. I then have to drag it to the edge where it only partially disappears. This is distracting and annoying, and I hope someone fixes it.

12 Likes

Visible mice bug me too when watching videos. I haven’t seen this myself, but it’s annoying when it happens,

3 Likes

Indeed. I thought for sure there would have been an “official” reply by now. Guess not.

2 Likes

Alternaversal’s burning the candle at both ends right now for the public release of season 13 and the Gizmoplex suite. Give them time.

8 Likes

It would be nice if there was at least an acknowledgement, or a “We’re aware and looking into it” kind of response. I loved last night’s episode, but the mouse pointer was really ticking me off.

1 Like

So now we have the official launch and the problem is still happening. I’ve noticed that it doesn’t happen with classic episodes, but it does happen with everything new.

1 Like

I downloaded a plug-in to hide my cursor after 5sec idle. It’s solved the problem for all live streams. Not just in the ‘Plex

1 Like

Really? That’s cool. Can you link me or point the way?

1 Like

AutoHideMouseCursor is what I use.

2 Likes

Oooh, thanks for the recommendation. Also, way to problem solve!!

3 Likes

Hmmm…

2 Likes

This issue has STILL not been resolved. I’ve tried every avenue, and I can’t even be acknowledged.

1 Like

Even using a third party? I installed the program, and have never had an issue since.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there is only one vote on this thread, so it does not appear to be a widespread issue/complaint. I’ve just checked in Chrome, and the play controls will disappear. As for the pointer, I either just move it out of frame (and it does disappear completely) or I’m working on other things on another screen, and I don’t notice it.

Are you using Chrome or another browser?

If others are having this same issue, please remember to vote so @ivan’s team is aware of the concern.

2 Likes

I primarily use Chrome but I tried it on Edge and Firefox with the SAME result. It doesn’t happen on pre-recorded videos, but live? It does it EVERY. DAMN. TIME. Yes, it has become THAT annoying. So annoying in fact, that I am considering NOT re-upping my pass.

2 Likes

Have you installed AutoHideMouseCursor or the like??? It worked like gangbusters for me!!!

2 Likes

The Virtual Theater is in beta, and has always been offered as such. If it bothers you that much, the gizmoplex.com website doesn’t have the same issue, or you can do what everyone here has recommended and install an extension that solves the problem.

Repeating your concern and threatening not to renew doesn’t change the fact that we prioritize fixes based on the votes here on the forum… and this issue still has a single vote.

7 Likes

@Ryanxpark Yes, I installed the AutoHideMouseCursor so now I am waiting for the next live event to see if it works. Thanks again for the tip.

2 Likes

User897:
Hey I’m almost with you. Can’t get the mods to make the site work with New Moon. I might have asked why they can’t code for it. Guess we just have to find another browser that works. Did you try Mypal or New Moon?

1 Like

The app is working for me, thank the maker! No, I only use Chrome, Edge, and Firefox to test things.

2 Likes