A Movie As Revenge?

Ever use a movie as revenge on someone? You knew they’d hate it or that it blew the big one and you laid it on them anyway? What flick was it and why?

:laughing: By the time that would occur to me, I’ve already cut ties with the offending party and it’s too late.

4 Likes

I intentionally inflicted Birdemic (unriffed) as a gag gift for my nephew for Christmas a few years ago. He didn’t make it through the first 15 minutes, and I turned him on to the Rifftrax version after he told me how terrible it was.

Of course, this was not for Revenge, but rather for fun… I’m still waiting on the revenge from my nephew.

2 Likes

I watched a movie as a form of revenge, does that count? :joy:

1 Like

Honestly, if I was that desirous of revenge, I’d just stop hanging out with someone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m kind of in the reverse situation more commonly. I know a lot about movies and I try to really pay attention to people’s tastes, so when, e.g., my mom comes to me complaining about The Lobster being the worst movie she’s ever seen, I just say, “Well, you deserved. If you had asked me, I would’ve said stay away from Yorgos Lanthimos films.”

2 Likes

In college we would show people Ed Wood’s Orgy of the Dead as an endurance test.

3 Likes

Never has so much prurience been so boring!

3 Likes

Not revenge but sometimes I tried to tempt a friend into watching a movie that he wouldn’t with a temptation. My friend wants to get into horror more but he likes creepiness but not gore as much. But I wanted us to watch Green Room. So I made him an offer he couldn’t refuse; Patrick Stewart is in it. He HAD to.

His take was it was a good movie he didn’t like except Stewart.

1 Like

Now that my children are grown and out of CPS reach, I can confess that I used to subject them to Friday the 13th movies as punishment.

1 Like

When my friends get super, obnoxious drunk, I always subject them to Time of the Apes :rofl:

2 Likes