A thread for D&D nonsense šŸ‰ āš”

Making this thread in the hopes other people in this amazing community are D&D players. My nesting partner is one of my players, so I NEED people I can talk about my wacky campaign ideas with. Who wants to nerd the funk out over D&D (and RP in general) with me? :crossed_swords: :dragon:

11 Likes
3 Likes

That sounds a lot like GURPS!

I guess I technically cut my teeth on MUSHes back in the 90s, but for tabletop RP it was definitely D&D and Vampire the Masquerade (which also spiraled into LARPing).

I TOO am the forever DM. But I love it, I have so so so many stories to tell. My previous campaign is the subject of Nanowrimo for me this year!

2 Likes

Not trying to be mean here but that wasnā€™t a reply to you, that was a link to an earlier thread on the same subject.

3 Likes

This one is specifically for D&D, though.

3 Likes

Iā€™m am D&D-curiousā€¦if that helps =)

5 Likes

I realized after the fact. Though I am more intending this one as a brain dump for GMs to talk over campaign ideas without our players finding out. I accidentally invited most of my pals that I talked about my campaigns about to be players in my currently ongoing campaign, and now I have no one to tell my ideas to anymore!

3 Likes

I started playing D&D in 1978. Havenā€™t recently since I donā€™t have a group. But I still like to talk about it!

3 Likes

I highly recommend checking out Adventure Zone, itā€™s a podcast by 3 brothers and their dad and they play D&D. Itā€™s pretty hysterical and gives a pretty fair idea of how a D&D campaign works.

Iā€™m about to start recording our sessions just so I stop forgetting key plot points, but I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be anywhere near as high quality (and will be rife with curses and other nonsense because of course it will be).

3 Likes

I started probably around '96 or '97. And then of course many long years in between here and there because of adult life!

1 Like

What kind of D&D, though-itā€™s like 6 different games.

1 Like

Iā€™m slowly teaching myself to play Marvel Super Heroes/FASERIP. Hope to do some solo play videos in the future but still learning the mechanics. Iā€™ve never played D&D but listen to a bunch of actual play podcasts.

6 Likes

Highly recommend giving it a whirl! Youā€™re always welcome at my sessions anytime, and Iā€™m always happy to crash course noobs through everything! :heart:

2 Likes

ā€¦magic missileā€¦

ā€¦the darknessā€¦

ā€¦gray eyesā€¦

1 Like

I realize now I probably shouldā€™ve tagged @themwaverly in this invitation to D&D.

2 Likes

Apparently, you can deeyendy on a thing called Tilt5.

1 Like

Hm, will look into it!

1 Like

1st ed. kid here. Recently picked up the 5th ed. PH because it was stupid cheap and I was curious. I think itā€™s now less daunting for new players, but itā€™s still the same game. No idea if Iā€™ll get the chance to actually play anytime soon.

2 Likes

Take heart, spellcasting in 5e is still ridiculously complex.

3 Likes

I liked 1st through 3rd edition D&D, as well as Basic. 4th edition drove me right out of the game and into the arms of Pathfinder. 5th edition is a big improvement over 4th but still has some stuff that makes it a deal breaker for me.

5 Likes