A thread for D&D nonsense šŸ‰ āš”

I recall seeing them as a youngster as well. It was probably never the best idea to use them on St. Pattyā€™s Day in public areas, though.

2 Likes

Yeah, actually opening the door and entering the stall tends to beā€¦ optionalā€¦ on certain occasions.

1 Like

Good, had 9 extra people in the house this weekendā€¦experiencing a jubilant mood now that they are all on the road home !

1 Like

Ready to slay some dragons?

2 Likes

I have a character! I think! Maybe.

Itā€™s either a suave bad mamma-jamma or a noobā€™s folly.

No clue which.

3 Likes

How about @Vader and @DAV?

Once your character is approved pop on over to the official threadā€¦ weā€™re starting to roll out of bed over there.

2 Likes

Iā€™m worried our poor DM is going to spend a week figuring out where I went wrong.

2 Likes

My character squints at you and says, ā€œYou look a little blurry. Did you remember to designate a favored class and get your extra hit point?ā€

2 Likes

So, I think I have a character created, but I donā€™t see how to export it from HeroLab to send to our DM so he can look at it and reply with ā€œHaha, no you did it all wrongā€

2 Likes

I think he said he uses HeroLab, so Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be able to tell you how.

2 Likes

If you click the gear in the upper right, there are options to export a statblock or export. I sent TheHippy a text copy of my stat block, although an export is probably more useful.

I went through all 300 screens of this character builder and I donā€™t think I ever saw a ā€œfavored classā€. I did choose all the other things, though. Not sure how to use a single one of 'em. But I chose the hell out of them.

2 Likes

Whatever class you chose, designate it as your favored class and you get a bonus hit point at every level you take in that class, including 1st.

2 Likes

Itā€™s actually a choice of a hit point, a skill point, or (possibly) a special bonus for certain race/class combinations. Iā€™m not sure if weā€™re using the special options. As originally designed as a human, I was going to select the human bard option (extra spell known), but as a gnome I took the skill point. The gnome bard option is an extra round of performance per day.
As a character who intends to try to use my skills to avoid combat, a skill point seems more appropriate for my character.
But most characters take the hit point.

2 Likes

You can use the special options, nothing game breaking there.

@NotTVsFrank I will work on validating your character today. I do use HeroLab, but I use the PC version, and there is also an online version. I think the online version is what they are pushing now, and is likely where the free versions land. There are differences in how they work, so I might not be able to guide you through screens, but in the PC version, you select your favorite class from the link just below your class levels, and you select the bonus each time you level from a dropdown to the right of that level, next to where you can assign hit points manually. I think that a character exported from one version can be used in the other but not 100% on that.

2 Likes

Between a new puppy and a death march at work, Iā€™m out on this one, sorry. Maybe I can stumble out of some woods later.

3 Likes

There should not be a problem slotting characters in later.

3 Likes

I would only take the skill point option if I was a fighter-type and well into double digits on hit points. Extra skill ranks are always useful for a fighter.

2 Likes

This is pretty much what I did as well. Everything that had a yellow or red warning, I picked something that looked appropriate for the character I thought I was building.

2 Likes

For those who are still working on characters, a word of advice, please make sure you are using the Pathfinder 1st edition rules. We have a couple of players roll their characters with 2nd edition, and while there are many similarities, they are not the same.

3 Likes

Shoot ! Hereā€™s the final fixesā€¦I hopeā€¦ let me know if I have to change anythingā€¦

Francis Coleman
Male dwarf fighter 1
NG Medium humanoid (dwarf)
Init 1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +3 (+5 to notice unusual stonework)

Defense

AC 18, touch 11, flat-footed 17 (+5 armor, +1 Dex, +2 shield)
hp 14 (1d10+4)
Fort 5, Ref 1, Will 2; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
Defensive Abilities defensive training

Offense

Speed 20 ft.
Melee battleaxe +4 (1d8+3 S/Ɨ3) or
dagger +4 (1d4+3 P or S/19+)
Ranged javelin +2 (1d6+3 P)

Statistics

Str 16, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 9
Base Atk +1; CMB 4; CMD 15 (19 vs. bull rush, 19 vs. trip)
Feats Power Attack, Shield Focus
Skills Acrobatics -5 (-9 to jump), Appraise +0 (+2 to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones), Heal +3, Perception +3 (+5 to notice unusual stonework); Racial Modifiers +2 Appraise to assess nonmagical metals or gemstones, +2 Perception to notice unusual stonework
Languages Common, Dwarven
Combat Gear oil (2); Other Gear scale mail, light steel shield, battleaxe, dagger, javelin (2), ale (per gallon), backpack, bedroll, chalk (5), explorerā€™s outfit, firewood (per day) (3), flint and steel, hemp rope (50 ft.), lamp, soap (2), torch (5), trail rations (10), waterskin (2), 24 gp, 2 sp

Special Abilities

Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Defensive Training +4 Gain a dodge bonus to AC vs. monsters of the Giant subtype.
Greed +2 to Appraise to determine price of nonmagic goods with precious metals or gemstones.
Hatred +1 Gain a racial bonus to attacks vs. Goblinoids/Orcs.
Power Attack -1/+2 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.
Stonecunning +2 +2 bonus to Perception vs. unusual stonework. Free check within 10 feet.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free demo available at https://herolab.online
PathfinderĀ® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.Ā®, and are used under license.

1 Like