A thread for D&D nonsense šŸ‰ āš”

Pathfinder 1e question: Can anyone tell me how Base Attack Bonus increases with level? It isnā€™t +1 per level, apparently, but I canā€™t find the official explanation of how it is calculated.

2 Likes

BAB increase varies based on the class. The SRD has a chart for what your BAB is based on the class level of the character.

If you have different BAB from being multiclass, they stack.

Base Attack Bonus

Source: d20srd.org

A base attack bonus is an attack roll bonus derived from character class and level or creature type and Hit Dice (or combinationā€™s thereof). Base attack bonuses increase at different rates for different character classes and creature types. A second attack is gained when a base attack bonus reaches +6, a third with a base attack bonus of +11 or higher, and a fourth with a base attack bonus of +16 or higher. Base attack bonuses gained from different sources, such as when a character is a multiclass character, stack.

3 Likes

So, looking at Medio:
1 Rogue level (d8 hit die): +3/4 BAB
2 Wizard levels (d6 hit die): +1 BAB

= 1 3/4 BAB, which gets rounded down to 1.

If he takes next level as Wizard, he gets another +1/2, giving a total of 2 1/4, which gets rounded down to 2.

Is that correct?

2 Likes

Fractional base bonuses is an ā€œunchainedā€ rule. So it really is up to @TheHippy whether you get to add 0.75+1.5=2.25 (2) or BAB 0 + BAB 1 = BAB 1.

(My guess would be that you would still be BAB 1 as a Wizard 3 Rogue 1.)

4 Likes

My character is about to hit level 14, thatā€™s the highest level Iā€™ve ever played at in any edition of D&D in 25 years of playing. Usually the campaign wraps up or the group disbands before we can get to this level of play.

Canā€™t wait to see where we go next

3 Likes

Probably to level 15.

3 Likes

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

Well we just awakened an ancient evil that may destroy the plane of existence we currently inhabit so yeah hopefully we see level 15!

3 Likes

Is the ancient evil a bunch of spiders wearing watches?

2 Likes

Weā€™re still a few levels away from our ancient evil.

2 Likes

Which one of our ancient evils? I can think of at least three that we still have in our future. (The lich, Rozaceal, and whatever it was that Imbrex summoned)

Oh, and Coleman if he runs out of pancakes and ale.

3 Likes

Just donā€™t let Coleman find out about this spellā€¦

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/enhance-water/

4 Likes

LA may have to prep that one occasionally just to keep our tank happy.

3 Likes

Or to loosen Nevilleā€™s tongue.

2 Likes

Phrasing!

2 Likes

Hahaha if only

2 Likes

Drow are being evicted from Golarion, apparently. Good thing we melted down those contraband drow razors.

2 Likes

Well, we play 1st edition Pathfinder so we get to ignore all this nonsense.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s gonna get homebrewed back in fifteen seconds after release.

2 Likes

The hell?

2 Likes