About the MST3K Volunteer Corps category

Very late to the party, but I’m excellent at taking credit for someone else’s work… So I’m thinking I could help in a management position… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Better late than never but count me in.

Not sure if this completely counts, but I’m currently producing a community television (what you’d call public access in the USA) show here in Australia all about aspects of screen media (film, TV, YouTube, animation, etc).

I’d really love to do a piece on MST3K Season 13 for our show, focusing on the creation of the Gizmoplex, MST3K’s history and the intrinsic DIY elements of the show. It would be amazing to be able to interview anyone from the production over Zoom if they have the time.

Would you have a contact email for media requests? I can give you more information there.

2 Likes

I found a contact form for Time Bubble Tour press, but nothing general. I’m thinking @Lesley or @ivan could help you with this.

1 Like

Try press@mst3k.com, and let us know if you don’t get a response!

3 Likes

Thanks Ivan!

1 Like

First question: How does on join the MST3K Volunteer Corps? I’m interested!

Second Question: Can I propose a group project? The closed captioning for a lot of episodes is pretty abysmal. There’s a couple of us picking away at the eps on our own, but there really needs to be a concerted group effort to improve the quality of them. If a larger group of folks could help correct the captioning, we might stand a snowball’s chance in hell of finishing all 13 seasons!

1 Like

I hate to be a pain in the keister, but I have waited a year for a response. It feels entirely reasonable to ask — again — about these topics.

@Lesley? @timryder? @ivan?

Seriously. I think if we fire up a volunteer project to attack the poor quality closed captioning across the series as an organized group, we could have a significant impact.

I know that as someone who is HoH, I’d really appreciate it, and improvements of these sorts often benefit many more than those for which they are intended.

2 Likes

And I mean all 13 seasons.

1 Like

I will gladly assist when needed. I’ve taken 4 computer programming classes currently on my 5th. I have taken computer programming 1,2,3, game development, and am currently learning algorithm and data structures in Python.