About the The Extended World of Riffing category

Want to chat about other non-MST3K riffing projects, or your own riffing efforts? This is the place.

I liked the Media Center Theatre 3000 shows that used to be on Youtube. I know they did The Giant Claw and Star Crash and they were nicely done. I don’t think they are up anymore, sadly.

I would suggest Team Swizzlebeef: Team Swizzlebeef riffs: Ricky Raccoon Shows the Way - YouTube

The old TV Horror Hosts used to have a lot of fun with the movies they showed, but not much during the movie itself; however, Dr. Madblood (Norfolk, Virginia) used to do parody shorts during the host parts in serial format building to a conclusion at the end of the main movie. Cremation Mortum (Kansas City), The Host and Rodney (Wichita, KS), and other hosts were all local shows. Some of their work survives.

I remember StarCrash in Topeka, KS had an audience of 8, one of us made a comment out loud, and we all laughed. From then on it was open season and riffs galore. It made the movie enjoyable. Maybe there should be an open riff night at the theater once a week to help bad movies get their money back.

David

So am I right in thinking there are four branch events undertaken by MST cast members? I’ve got RiffTrax (natch), Cinematic Titanic, The Film Crew, and I just found out about The Mads Are Back. Any hidden projects of riffotry by any of them?

Anyone know why each Rifftrax film/short doesn’t have its own thread?

I think it’d be the best thing to do, especially given I have thoughts on a few specific ones.

I would also suggest threads by year the Rifftrax was released, type (short, VOD, just the jokes), who riffed it, and so forth.