About the The Gizmoplex category

The heartbreak of psoriasis.

2 Likes

I would just like to know if we would be able to download season 13 episodes from Gizmoplex like we seem to be able to with the various previous “collections” we got as digital Kickstarter rewards? If so, when would we be able to download them? How long after the livestreaming premiere? Also, how soon after Friday’s livestreaming premiere would you be able to watch the recording?

1 Like

I hear good things about the sandstorms.

OK, not good things. But things.

1 Like

Received the rewards last night, redeemed this morning. No issues what so ever. As usual I am early with a bag of popcorn and I have already spilled most of it on the floor…

2 Likes

I’m more concerned on how they developed the thing with -1 person. Does a ghost count as a -1 or are three of the team members made of anti-matter. Questions must be answered!

2 Likes

Tiny, super nitpicky feedback RE: Gizmoplex.com:

Library opens to a new tab. Seems like it wouldn’t, so mentioning it here. If that’s by design then please ignore this.

2 Likes

No, you misunderstand. They started with 2 people, and one of them underwent full-body mitosis.

3 Likes

Probably some stupid questions here, BUT:

I’ve downloaded the MST3K app from Google Play. Is this the same app as the “Gizmoplex” or is that something separate?

When they talk about “live” events, does that mean like a live stream, or simply when the episode goes “live” to be watched?

Lastly: I’m planning on watching tomorrow night of course, but is there anything special i should be aware of happening before the broadcast time?

Thanks for answering my stupid, stupid questions.

1 Like

Yes the MST3K app is the Gizmoplex app.

The live premiere with be a live, as in live stream event. Like the YT watch parties over the summer. I’m not sure how the chat feature will work though.

On the app, no I don’t think anything is happening before the premiere time. I’m sure we will all be collectively bouncing off the walls here in the forum until the premiere event itself test starts.

3 Likes

Thanks, i kinda figured but wanted to make sure i wasn’t missing something

1 Like

Will closed captioning be added to the movies/shorts? It would be a great benefit to MSTies who are hard of hearing.

2 Likes

Yes Joel mentioned this in the chat after the episode. There will be close captioning in the final version of the episodes. (what’s available right now is not the final final version :slight_smile: )

1 Like

That will be $126.

1 Like

Hey leslie. Sorry if this question has been addressed but I cannot find how to get into the gizmoplex now if we’re able to just to look around. I did see the presentation of it after Santos the other night so maybe that’s our only access right now?

2 Likes

People are getting invites to the Virtual Theater now in batches. You should have an invite to test the theater experience in the next few weeks, depending on your backer number.

2 Likes

Great. Thanks!

2 Likes

Everybody Wang Cung tonight!
box scandal GIF

2 Likes

I have a few suggestions.

1. Live Chat for live events Gizmoplex, so we don’t have to switch between watching and forum.
  2. Chat section for nonlive events, so people can post look at extra at min 7, isn’t that …
  3. A few o the British shows have “live Zoo crowds” so you can hear the audience laughing, jeerings, etc. I’m guessing it involved sound levels like once it got past a certain db level the mics went on? I was thinking if we did a streaming event, like showing a classic ep, we could turn on the mic and we all sing the Gamera song when it comes on. Like the Rocky Horror Picture show.
1 Like

There is a live chat function within the Virtual Theater. It is a third-party piece of software and can be finicky, but it is there.

A survey was sent out to backers asking about several things including interest in a more permanent chat feature that worked when there wasn’t a live event. It sounds like it is on the team’s radar, but not imminent.

I’m not sure if your third idea is possible with the Virtual Theater software.

1 Like

Where is the live chat function? Have I missed the button this whole time?? :smile:

1 Like